• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw this in my son's textbook at an IVY league university

40 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, kav said:

From the evidence I've seen, 5th graders smarter than most Ivy leaguers.  
Ask a random ivy leaguer some question like 'what were the 2 sides in the civil war' and you'll get something like 'germany and japan'.  There's a guy that does youtube videos.
Not talking abt OP's son who I'm sure is smart as a whip like his dad!  I'm sure he shakes his head too at some of his classmates.

Okay so first graders are CGC

Second graders are CBCS

But what are fifth graders?

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Okay so first graders are CGC

Second graders are CBCS

mail.gif

Edited by kav

On 10/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, kav said:

Ask a random ivy leaguer some question like 'what were the 2 sides in the civil war' and you'll get something like 'germany and japan'.  There's a guy that does youtube videos.
Not talking abt OP's son who I'm sure is smart as a whip like his dad!  I'm sure he shakes his head too at some of his classmates.

Clearly, "most Ivy" Leaguers" did not attend Princeton. :smile:

5 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Clearly, "most Ivy" Leaguers" did not attend Princeton. :smile:

You can find innumerable stories abt how several here unnamed Ivy League Universities have really become somewhat of a joke but not Princeton.

Reading this, I was thinking how pleased I am about book development. Now, we have the possibility to switch to ebooks in order to make our life more comfortable. When I was a bit younger, I preferred buying or renting books. I loved the essence of the new volume. Still, it was so hard carrying them to the university. Using mytextbooks.org made my life way more manageable. I don't carry heavy books now, and I don't waste time going to the library. I really enjoy reading this way and recommend this to everyone.

Edited by Divetra

On 10/2/2020 at 10:06 PM, Superman2006 said:

Cool to see that. Edit for next release: 1st Batman origin is listed as Batman #47; that may be the first "detailed" origin, but the first origin is in Tec 33 (I didn't check other info closely).

Yeah, there's an argument for that.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:59 AM, JollyComics said:

I suspected that textbook can be related to economy or marketing.  The top of the page said Determinants of an export price. Looked up under that line and found the definition:

Concept of Price of a Product – Defined:

In a modern money using economy, price refers to the exchange value of a commodity or service, in terms of money

Nice

On 10/2/2020 at 10:34 PM, fastballspecial said:

My kids dont make fun of my comics anymore where they saw their mutual funds for college and where the money came from.
Amazing how the viewpoint changes. 

Yeah, but they also stop being “fun” from the new generation’s POV when it’s dad’s dusty old stuff that they read about it in a textbook! 

Monetary value may get “respect” but it won’t create excitement.   

On 10/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, kav said:

Easy regarding the civil war, everybody knows it was the Cavaliers v the Roundheads….

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, Bronty said:

Yeah, but they also stop being “fun” from the new generation’s POV when it’s dad’s dusty old stuff that they read about it in a textbook! 

:D

On 8/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, Bronty said:

True!

I would say the author is a comic collector. Also any parents may want to consider a more hands on approach for education if they don't already. Should you have to attend an ivy league school to learn this concept? Seems like this should be taught in highschool.