• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Adv of Superman 498 4th Print
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I'll level with everyone that I've never submitted before.  Recently came into a few issues that I need a second set of eyes on, this being the top of the list.  I'll keep it to one a day at most.  For now I'm planning on keeping this issue.  I do have three CGC slabs (9.2, 9.4, 9.8), and the differences in the condition just on those three boggle my mind.

IMG_5222a.jpg

IMG_5245a.jpg

IMG_5244a.jpg

IMG_5225.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5249a.jpg

IMG_5251a.jpg

IMG_5250a.jpg

7 hours ago, KCOComics said:

So the top 1/2 to 1/3 of the spine is warn, right? With color loss? Or is that glare from the flash? 

I'm going to call it a 9.0 

I can't see any other blemishes besides the spine, but it looks like enough color loss to keep it from grading higher. 

Thank you very much for the reply KCOComics!!!  This is why I need a second set of eyes.  The spin wear seems fairly typical for the era, I've got similar on a few that were released in the last month.  Here are some edge photos.  The contrast between the black front cover and the white back cover is making it tough to get representative photos.

top.jpg

mid.jpg

bot.jpg

On 10/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, KCOComics said:

So the top 1/2 to 1/3 of the spine is warn, right? With color loss? Or is that glare from the flash? 

I'm going to call it a 9.0 

I can't see any other blemishes besides the spine, but it looks like enough color loss to keep it from grading higher. 

9.0 mostly due to corners