• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
4 4

606 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Do you have #1 yet?  That one will cost you an arm and a leg.

No, my earliest is No. 5, first appearance of Doom, in very dubious condition. I remember when I was kid in the mid-80s seeing FF No. 1 for sale for $500 and thinking it was just impossibly expensive. If I had only known ....

1 hour ago, TappanZee said:

No, my earliest is No. 5, first appearance of Doom, in very dubious condition. I remember when I was kid in the mid-80s seeing FF No. 1 for sale for $500 and thinking it was just impossibly expensive. If I had only known ....

Still 1st Doom is no slouch, I thought that I'd add something.:

While attending college in the 2010's i had saved to pay for a university rather than community college, and during that time a LCS got in 2 high end keys. A raw x-men #1 and fantastic four 1, both they had graded at 2.0 and both were around $2k

I though about putting off the transfer to the bigger school to get those two lol

I even discussed payment plans etc. Take what you can get, but don't think too hard on what could have been

Maybe someday, I hope!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Still 1st Doom is no slouch, I thought that I'd add something.:

While attending college in the 2010's i had saved to pay for a university rather than community college, and during that time a LCS got in 2 high end keys. A raw x-men #1 and fantastic four 1, both they had graded at 2.0 and both were around $2k

I though about putting off the transfer to the bigger school to get those two lol

I even discussed payment plans etc. Take what you can get, but don't think too hard on what could have been

Maybe someday, I hope!

Oh, it's not a serious regret. There's no way 12-year-old me was going to come up with $500 in 1983. 

My bigger regret is not investing in original art earlier, like even 10 years ago. I had the money, more or less, but not the inclination. I've just started collecting and making up for lost time is expensive.

And you are probably better off with your bachelors degree!

On 11/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Was anyone a fan of the She-Thing?!  *crickets chirping*  :wink:

No, wanted her immediate return to good looking Sharon.  But Marvel never listened to me.:preach:

4 hours ago, mica said:

No, wanted her immediate return to good looking Sharon.  But Marvel never listened to me.:preach:

Now you know why Ben was Grimm!  He said when Sharon was She-Thing even her head had rocks in it!  :wink:  When I voiced my objections to Marvel they quoted Bob Dylan!  🎵So Ben would not feel so all alone, everybody must get stoned! 🎵  :wink: