• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. Mxyzptlk 2nd appearance?

6 posts in this topic

Could someone tell me what the 2nd appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk is? Tried looking online and can’t figure it out. Superman #30 is his first. Well, I guess it’s in a Superman daily comic strip, but Supes #30 is first in a comic book. Superman #33 is listed as his 3rd on CGC’s label. So what’s second?

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Could someone tell me what the 2nd appearance of Mr. Mxyzptlk is? Tried looking online and can’t figure it out. Superman #30 is his first. Well, I guess it’s in a Superman daily comic strip, but Supes #30 is first in a comic book. Superman #33 is listed as his 3rd on CGC’s label. So what’s second?

Apparently he was crested for the comic book but, due to publishing timelines/lags, first appeared in the newspaper strip from Feb 1944 - July 1944.  This was followed by his first appearance in comic books, Superman #30, then Action #80, then Superman #33.