• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Byrne FF #278 Doctor Doom splash - TRUE LIES

31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

You kinda did have to be there.    I've seen pictures of her when she was young and yes she was very attractive but not anyone I'd think to name drop.     Her body was for sure her best asset looks wise and that pic certainly plays well to that.

Don't get me wrong, very attractive.   Just more 8/10 for me personally than 10/10.    Whatever.   Different strokes.

Since I've always been more of a Jean Tierney fan, I won't argue about the rating, but Arnold didn't seem to complain.

You know how we sometimes wonder about the destruction of old comic art, and the reason given by the companies that they were concerned it might be swiped? Apparently, it was a serious problem. I saw the following description in a book being sold on Heritage:

"Terrific Comics #14 (Comics Media, 1954) CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white pages. First issue, formerly Horrific. Classic injury-to-eye cover. Human Cross story. Some of the art from the book was swiped from Adventures into the Unknown #37 and Phantom Stranger #4. Don Heck cover. Rudy Palais art. Overstreet 2020 FN 6.0 value = $291. CGC census 9/20: 3 in 5.5, 11 higher."

Golden Age (1938-1955):Horror, Terrific Comics #14 (Comics Media, 1954) CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white pages....

9 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

And don’t miss the cameo of Mortimer and Randolph in Coming to America.

"The Royal Peynis is clean, your highness."

Edited by Bronty

3 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Well this thread went completely off the rails...

The appropriate gushing over that fantastic Byrne is back on page 1.    Page 2 and forward is no holds barred.

Edited by Bronty

On 10/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, malvin said:

Tia Carrerre interested me more in True Lies :P

Malvin

Fun Fact: In 2007, I was at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas with a friend when i noticed a lady nearby that caught my eye. I told my friend, "hey, that looks like Tia Carrere." I stared for a bit trying to decide if it really was her and she eventually saw me looking and looked back. It was kind of an expectant look, as if she was saying, "well, are you gonna say something to me?" I told my friend, "nah, probably not" and we walked off. Around the hotel I saw signs about an event going on that weekend, the Spike TV Video Game awards, so I looked up the guest list on the internet and sure enough, she was the hostess of the show. Moral of the story is the same as our hobby: chances like that don't come up often; take it when you get it! In this case I just mean saying "hi," getting a photo, etc. But you know, I missed it.

tia.jpg