• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meeting of the Big Guys
2 2

15 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

HHWolfman (Howard Harris) wanted me to post this.  Here we are at Howard's shop in Mesa, AZ (Greg's Comics) with our masks on...Howard, Solar Boy and Tri-ColorBrian...:whatev: Howard is smiling under the mask because we spent money on his books.  Post your own GA collector meeting pics here if you want...:preach:

-----------------------------------------Meeting of the big guys.jpg

What a motley crue! Jeeze Howard you look as bad as I did up until a week ago. My wife was about to pitch me out on the street. And Brian, you look like the White Spy from MAD!  All kidding aside, glad to see you guys looking well and most important wearing those masks!

2 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Where do you get your face masks?

My wife sourced the masks as a birthday gift back in early June. The vivid Wolverton cloth mask came from a licensed vendor.   I haven’t been able to locate more since.  They may be sold out or just difficult to keep in stock due to demand.  

The other masks ...and I have whole bunch of different ones... are canvas which should be superior for protection against viral spread.  They’re from an on demand vendor willing to do one offs based on scans of books from my collection.  I think she said the vendor was canvasdiscount.com.  

It’s worth noting that most specialty vendors like Zazzle which work from submitted art or scans are reluctant to do comic cover masks out of concerns over licensing or copyright infringement.