The Madness of not being able to find that one comic you know you have
3 3

36 posts in this topic

27,737 posts

This is driving me nuts.  I have been going through my collection in order to get it in order to see them. 

(I have books that no longer fit in my collection) 

There is one book I know I have (Eternals number 1) but I cant find it anywhere.

On the other hand while looking for that book I found others that I did not think I had anymore. 

Has this ever happened to anymore else?

15,203 posts
Just now, Ares said:

This is driving me nuts.  I have been going through my collection in order to get it in order to see them. 

There is one book I know I have (Eternals number 1) but I cant find it anywhere.

On the other hand while looking for that book I found others that I did not think I had anymore. 

Yes, often. I often am convinced that I still have books that my records subsequently show that I sold or gave away at some point. And sometimes they show up, misfiled, in ways that - as an organised person - I can't fathom. Hope it surfaces :wishluck:

284 posts

Did you ever have a roommate or a shady family member? They sometimes steal stuff, you know :(

27,737 posts
8 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Did you ever have a roommate or a shady family member? They sometimes steal stuff, you know :(

None of that.  

Family stays away. While looking for it I found to more books I thought I got rid of (Incredible Hulk 449 and Ultimate FF 21) so value wise it balances out but its driving me nuts

3,968 posts

Feel your pain. Unfortunately I’m missing a sweet Harley Quinn drawing by Bruce Timm. Think one of my kids friends took it but c’est la vie. I’ve bought and sold so many books over the years that I just pretend I still own them all. 

41,311 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ares said:

When Eternals popped I knew I had 6 copies of #1( I have scans uploaded to my image host).  Was stoked that they were now worth something and went to my storage unit to find them.

Nowhere to be found....:pullhair:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

41,311 posts
33 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I know I have a minty new mutants 98.   I also know I haven't seen it in maybe 10 years.   gah!

I had contempt for the book, so I hid it from myself so that I wouldn't sell it because I figured the value would go up.    I think it was worth maybe 150 at the time.

Only I hid it so well I don't know where it is.

I have a HFH 1 that a tucked away for a later date.   That was years ago.  Still haven’t found it . :tonofbricks:

2,909 posts

What confuses me is books I have in my "to sell" boxes and books in my PC. A couple times I have though "oh I have that" when really I don't but I have sold it. And vice versa.

2,909 posts

I think the best thing for me is organization. My storing of books is finally organized thanks to some of the time the pandemic provided. I also have started taking photos of every comic I own so I have a digital library at all times with me on my phone :) Helps greatly when I buying and I can reference my copy to ones I am potentially interested in for an upgrade (or to double check if I own it in general). 

3,968 posts
35 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

What confuses me is books I have in my "to sell" boxes and books in my PC. A couple times I have though "oh I have that" when really I don't but I have sold it. And vice versa.

The worst is when you sell it again... :tonofbricks:

3,467 posts
Posted (edited)

I feel your pain.  One of these years I am going to get books out of storage and go through every single one and find my All-Star Western #10; I know I have it.

On the up side, I know exactly where my Eternals run is! lol

Edited by OtherEric

962 posts

Going thru this now.    I know I have a New Mutants 1; I remember bagging/boarding it last year when I bought new bags/boards.   I have it in my spreadsheet as in box X and not marked sold.  I certainly don't remember selling it.  I've gone thru all my boxes now 3 times and no sign of it.  I'm determined to keep going thru them until I somehow find it.    Not worried about the value of it  - more for just peace of mind.

9,233 posts

I lost a poster in my home office for about 2-3 years. I knew it was there but I didn't know where. Finally, I found it one day doing another sweep - it was in a keeper magazine box in my closet but it was in a cardboard sandwich and the sandwich was at the end of the box and I obviously kept passing over it thinking it was just the end of the box!

:tonofbricks:doh!:insane:O.o

44,249 posts

I once spent most of a weekend looking for a small item I'd sold on ebay for $8. It caused me to upgrade my oorganization.

Where I used to be a three or four out of one hundred,  I'm now at least a nine, maybe even a ten. 

15,036 posts

often. Generally it is a sign that I have too many books and I need to sell.

I have 2 magazines that I recently found going through some boxes 2 weeks ago. I set them aside knowing i wanted to bag and board them. Yesterday I grabbed magazine bags and boards for them and I cant find the magazines. I cant remember where i put them. Clearly it would be somewhere convenient as i knew i was going to bag and board them, but i cant find them. :(

329 posts

I recently got back into comics after a 25 year hiatus.  Had my boxes stored in a couple different places but finally went through them all and organized and catalogued them with an App. So I know exactly what I have now.

Seem to be missing a box though because there are few books that I know I had but never showed up in any of them. O' Curtis Planet of the Apes Mags where art thou! (:

9,916 posts
15 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

often. Generally it is a sign that I have too many books and I need to sell.

Astute observation!