• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - CGC just sent me some books (so nice of them!!!), and I can't take them to a Show, so I'll list them here first . . .
4 4

44 posts in this topic

Usual rules - no bad people (HOSers, Probies . . . you know who you are).

First unconditional :takeit:in the thread wins, trumps all private negotations etc. So if we agree to a price, TAKE IT!!!

PayPal up to $999, above that check or money order (and they have to clear before book will be sent out).

Shipping $14 for up to 3 slabs, orders over $999 will be free shipping (in CONUS - outside and foreign, talk to me before taking so we can figure out shipping.

I will entertain offers and trades (Sci-fi and War GFCs :foryou: ) but don't be too insulted if I don't agree to your offer.

I will leave this up until Friday. Or until all the books are spoken for . . . 

No returns on Slabs - if they are damaged during shipping we will work it out or let insurance work it out.

Thanks!!!

Edited by Qua-Brot

Shocking! A Silver Age book?!?!?! A very nice Fantastic Four 38 CGC 9.2 with WHITE pages. Last sale was soft, though maybe FF is going soft, or Silver is soft? I don't know, but I'll still be a bit aggressive and ask $500. Doesn't come up for sale much in the higher grades. SOLD!!!

CGC3710789-004_OBV.jpg

CGC3710789-004_REV.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot

Hap Hazard 13 CGC 7.5 C/OW pages. Classic GGA cover by Singer. This is structurally much higher, but has sun-shadow on front right edge and back cover has some tanning. Still a great book and 2nd highest graded. The other 7.5 (which, coincidentally also looks great but has sun-shadow, but on the bottom edge) sold twice last year on Heritage, once for $690 and once for $456. I'll go a little below the halfway and ask $550.

Hap Hazard 13 F CGC.JPG

Hap Hazard 13 R CGC.JPG

Next is a book that was just offered here on the boards, so not sure if it will find a buyer now. This one is a higher grade, and 2nd highest graded. And it's rare (well, not so rare that it didn't come up for sale 2 times in the last 2 weeks!). Illustrated Stories of the Operas, Carmen CGC 6.5 OW/W pages. Gerber 9, great art (I did look through it before slabbing), and a nice copy. Asking $1,100.

Illustrated Stories of the Opera Carmen F CGC.JPG

Illustrated Stories of the Operas Carmen R CGC.JPG