• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I determine declared value based on the price I expect before or after getting my card graded?

7 posts in this topic

I believe that PSA wanted the sender to estimate a declared value after encapsulation. Does CGC expect the sender to estimate their declared value based on the price of the card in it's raw form, or what they expect for a price after encapsulation?

• Administrator

Hello,

You should value the cards at what you feel comfortable with for insurance, while the cards are with us and shipping back to you.

Thank you,

Lisa

4 minutes ago, LISA B said:

Hello,

You should value the cards at what you feel comfortable with for insurance, while the cards are with us and shipping back to you.

Thank you,

Lisa

I understand. Thank you for answering all of my questions. It is greatly appreciated!

Be realistic about the Fair Market Value. I had to submit a USPS claim for damaged comics and they insisted on viewing the sale receipts of my comics (collectibles). I spent the better part of a day looking up sales receipts from eBay/PayPal, but it was all accepted and I received the full amount of the claim. Bottom line - honesty. If you claim $100 for a $5 card, if you can't provide legit proof of purchase to reflect the claimed value, your claim will be denied.

• Administrator

Be realistic is all I would suggest. We do not want to be sticklers and bump a lot of cards. But if we see a card that should obviously not be in a certain tier, it will be bumped. For example today we saw two Grand Party Trainer Certification Cards in bulk (max value: $100). That is obviously not the case as those cards are $500 at the very minimum. Cards like that will be bumped to the appropriate tier.

Thanks,

Paul