GSXM #1 will clean and press help?new pics
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Honest question - would pressing make the staple area pop-through worse on a square-bound, stapled book like this and other Giant Size books of this era? I'm no expert and relatively new, but I think with the corners as they are and some of the other issues noted this is a solid 8.5, and with the cover overhang on that bottom right front, I wouldn't want to take chances. It's a beautiful book though, congrats!

11 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Honest question - would pressing make the staple area pop-through worse on a square-bound, stapled book like this and other Giant Size books of this era? I'm no expert and relatively new, but I think with the corners as they are and some of the other issues noted this is a solid 8.5, and with the cover overhang on that bottom right front, I wouldn't want to take chances. It's a beautiful book though, congrats!

If pressed properly, the answer is no. Someone working on this book, who was not experienced pressing square bound books, could do more damage than good. 

And to answer your initial inquiry about upgrade potential...possibly. Keep in mind grading is a little tighter at the moment, so you could remove some sin and still retain the same grade, but it appears the mangled corner still has most of the paper present and a press could fix that. 

2 hours ago, Frankielo said:

Hey I understand it’s a gamble,risk to reward and all that. this was graded five years ago when you say they’re a little tighter is there any facts to that statement?

Only way to get true facts or evidence, is to submit it again, until then it is all hypothetical. 

From some of the posts I’ve seen around sounds like you are the man JoeyPost when I comes to pressing  so your opinion trumps everybody else IMO. So if I read between the lines I think you’re saying there’s enough validity to take a shot?

12 hours ago, joeypost said:

If pressed properly, the answer is no. Someone working on this book, who was not experienced pressing square bound books, could do more damage than good. 

is my book in good hands with ccs?