• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Whiz Covers
1 1

21 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

How on earth did this thread not have #22 posted in it almost immediately, let alone go years without someone correcting this injustice?
ICONIC!

lf.thumb.jpeg.2854b3ca1a5ed22d4f5ed092f88230f1.jpega2J8L5o.jpg.2524ea0a5c057f5e99340647b803d60d.jpg

That’s the best for sure 

89E44BBF-16E6-450B-B60B-6E99F34513ED.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Wish I owned either of those - for now I'm living with a humble conserved 3.0.  :cloud9:

I tried to buy the Alex Ross but he gave it to the father /son that posed. I’m told if they ever sell I’m first call. We shall see 

ps -I owned that 9.0 too 

Edited by G.A.tor

Just now, G.A.tor said:

I tried to buy the Alex Ross but he gave it to the father /son that posed. I’m told if they ever sell I’m first call. We shall see 

ps -I owned that 9.0 too 

The solution is clear....identity theft. Become the son, say something happened to it and ask Alex Ross to plain you another ;) 

Just now, Sauce Dog said:

The solution is clear....identity theft. Become the son, say something happened to it and ask Alex Ross to plain you another ;) 

I tried to get Alex to do a commission for me but he couldn’t repaint that one :(

6 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

The bottom left one is mine now :)  ...spoiler, when graded it was 3.0 (and turned out it was conserved and had undisclosed tear seals plus glue). 

I bought every copy I ever saw but admittedly never worried if restored or conserved or even complete. Was a compulsion. Had 50 copies at the end before I started selling. But pretty much sold all at what I paid for them. Never graded any 

42 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

That’s the best for sure 

89E44BBF-16E6-450B-B60B-6E99F34513ED.jpeg

At the time, I really wished I could've made the stretch to buy this when Metropolis had it.  It was just out of reach (had to settle for the Church Wow 10 instead which has a similar theme of goodness and strength).  

I agree, it's my favorite cover of the run as well.  (thumbsu