• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Query for Aussie boardies (shipping experience)

6 posts in this topic

Hey legends, 

I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus and have only recently made my first purchase from the States since Covid came to town.  I’ve been hearing wildly varied stories about shipping times from the US and lots of stories of people concerned about missing books.

I was wondering what your experience(s) have been when receiving books that have been shipped USPS International Priority?  (This will help me manage my own expectations while waiting for current (and upcoming) purchases).  I’m expecting a bunch of delay, but interested in what others have experienced. 

But, because this isn’t meant to be an exclusive thread, any US sellers who have shipped to Australia - would love to hear your experiences too! :D 

(This seeeeems to be the first post on this specific topic, but I apologise if my searching didn’t find anything existing).

I have been buying comics from the US of A (and elsewhere) for almost fifty years. The only time a shipment went "walkabout" was, I believe, an American's seller's remorse. Blame nonetheless was placed firmly at the feet of the USPS.

Regardless, the seller refunded promptly and I do not believe chased the USPS for the shipment.

Using UPS or Fedex or DHL may be OK - I have no idea as they are so obscenely overpriced (compared to USPS) that I will not use them.

USPS and Australia Post are fine. Don't expect things quickly, especially in the Covid19 regime, but as a rule they will turn up, at a fraction of the cost of the private carriers.

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

Thanks Duffman! I guess I wasn’t very clear in my ask. I was wondering what kind of delays people have experienced... For example, is it more like 8 weeks instead of 4? 12 weeks? Etc (purchase to in-hand)

I do ship to Australia every once in a while, I use FedEx and haven't really had a problem, knock on wood :wishluck: but as for using USPS on International, I have not used them. :foryou: 

Sorry for no specifics on USPS international. There was a thread around here with slow USPS in state travels, it hasn't been posted in a minute ......

Last slab went Aus - UK in just under 4 weeks via Aust Post

Mags / comics to USA seem to take 6-8 weeks.

Its, as they say, a crapshoot.

Tracking is your friend tbh

4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I do ship to Australia every once in a while, I use FedEx and haven't really had a problem, knock on wood :wishluck: but as for using USPS on International, I have not used them. :foryou: 

Sorry for no specifics on USPS international. There was a thread around here with slow USPS in state travels, it hasn't been posted in a minute ......

Thanks mate! I appreciate it. 

32 minutes ago, Beige said:

Last slab went Aus - UK in just under 4 weeks via Aust Post

Mags / comics to USA seem to take 6-8 weeks.

Its, as they say, a crapshoot.

Tracking is your friend tbh

Thanks Beige. If you have an eBay or other (Shopify etc) presence, and are happy to, please DM me the link. I’d love to watch the store for books that fit my focus. Figure shipping would be much more affordable in country.