• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd eBay occurance - Never had this happen before
2 2

72 posts in this topic

I ordered a couple of comics from an eBay seller for $80 & $85 each. I paid for the items separately but on the same day. I received a confirmation that the items shipped along with a combined tracking#. While the comics were in transit, I received Paypal and eBay notices that I was issued a full refund for both books. This was strange as I requested no such refund. The message with the refund says " merry Xmas. dnt leave negative feed back im by you a gift. if you do i wnt be happy."   Ok, weird but let's see what arrives.....

I figured that the books were sent out by someone at the store / house that packaged them with no bag and board or something and that this was a way to head off a complaint. To my surprise, I received the books yesterday, well packaged and no damage. I then received a message that says "hope you enjoy your comics. May the force be with u." It's late at night when I open them and I figure I'll give this some thought. I'm on the Gulf Coast and in the cone for Hurricane DELTA so I have a few other things on my mind.

Early, this morning I receive another eBay message from the seller. I put in the #$ to mask the language, the rest is his verbage -  "hey f#$k nut to much to say thank you u ungrateful peice of s#$t."

What in the world am I supposed to do with this? Thank goodness I had the items shipped to my PO Box or this nutjob would have my home address. I thought I had seen or heard it all on eBay. (shrug)

I love situations/people like this! It makes life interesting. I would confront absurdity with absurdity. Options I would consider.

1. Send him a message stating the books were not in the represented condition and you would like a partial refund. Then say, “JK F$&k nut!”

2. Send him a message saying that this has been the worst experience you have ever had and his communication is horrible. Then leave feedback stating the exact opposite. 

3. Send him a message inquiring about another one of his books and ask if you can get the same deal as last time.

14 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Did you happen to buy these from dylanauctions?  He's been setting a new precedent for bizarre lately.  hm

Well...this makes me a little anxious as I have a package at home waiting on me from this seller.  Can I ask what he/she did that was bizarre?

2 minutes ago, ender said:

Well...this makes me a little anxious as I have a package at home waiting on me from this seller.  Can I ask what he/she did that was bizarre?

Advertising a 1.5 as an 8.0, claiming that "non-additive restoration isn't really restoration", etc.

There's a couple threads about him. Locked, of course...

So...he refunded you and you got comics for free? But he is mad you never said thanks?

I mean, I guess he is upset that you never replied and waited to see what you actually got in the mail. I think you should have replied thanks but even still, no excuse him to rage out at you.

I would just say "hey sorry for the delayed reply. I was confused about the refund and what was meant and did not know what to expect, hence why I waited for the books. They are great and I really appreciate it.

Just take responsibility (even though you did nothing) to keep a slightly odd duck from going quackers. Should be no sweat off your back, as you did get free comics even if you did get insulted. 

1 hour ago, Joosh said:

I’d send him the money back and tell him he sucks at being generous, nice try.

weird, to say the least.

More so the grammar. If his message had been "Hey, I am refunding you your money and giving these comics to you as a gift. No reason, just being nice. Hope you enjoy!" is there any issue? That original statement was weird. 

49 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Did you happen to buy these from dylanauctions?  He's been setting a new precedent for bizarre lately.  hm

Nope, it was another seller. He had several items for sale then all his listings disappeared.

9 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

So...he refunded you and you got comics for free? But he is mad you never said thanks?

I mean, I guess he is upset that you never replied and waited to see what you actually got in the mail. I think you should have replied thanks but even still, no excuse him to rage out at you.

I would just say "hey sorry for the delayed reply. I was confused about the refund and what was meant and did not know what to expect, hence why I waited for the books. They are great and I really appreciate it.

Just take responsibility (even though you did nothing) to keep a slightly odd duck from going quackers. Should be no sweat off your back, as you did get free comics even if you did get insulted. 

I guess I just didn't understand any of the communication. Why did he ask me not to leave neg feedback? I've never done that. Why did he refund all the $$ while the books were in transit? The grammar made me think I was dealing with a child or something. And now all their listings have disappeared. There's something off about this....... But I think I might take your suggestion