• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd eBay occurance - Never had this happen before
2 2

72 posts in this topic

Just now, dave32563 said:

I guess I just didn't understand any of the communication. Why did he ask me not to leave neg feedback? I've never done that. Why did he refund all the $$ while the books were in transit? The grammar made me think I was dealing with a child or something. And now all their listings have disappeared. There's something off about this....... But I think I might take your suggestion

Oh it is definitely odd. He/or she? were obviously peeved at no reply either way. Just make up something and be kind. You can then be officially done. They can decide to accept or be bitter over nothing. Leave that with them and enjoy the books :)

3 minutes ago, dave32563 said:

And now all their listings have disappeared.

Are they showing up in sold or completed filter?  If not the account may have been suspended.

54 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

I love situations/people like this! It makes life interesting. I would confront absurdity with absurdity. Options I would consider.

1. Send him a message stating the books were not in the represented condition and you would like a partial refund. Then say, “JK F$&k nut!”

2. Send him a message saying that this has been the worst experience you have ever had and his communication is horrible. Then leave feedback stating the exact opposite. 

3. Send him a message inquiring about another one of his books and ask if you can get the same deal as last time.

I like this approach. 

4. OMGWTFBBQ LOL u no?   yu thik?  driddy driddy guap driddy drongo bomics me.  moar driddy k @ Arbys  furphy murphy. 

37 minutes ago, Ares said:

complain to ebay and say he was abusive and see if he gets banned

I agree.  I would notify ebay.  The seller is exhibiting bullying and intimidation and it's inappropriate and you shouldn't have to deal with that ever.  Ebay doesn't want this type of behavior either, it's bad for business.  I also would not interact with this person again, you don't owe them anything.  In addition, they may be unstable and may not respond in a way that you would think.  If they continue to contact you, I would look into finding out how to get them blocked.

Maybe he was doing some fraud and would not have been able to keep the money so he preemptively returned it to you?  I strongly disagree with doing anything bad to him; don't look a gift horse in the mouth; I'd gladly have someone insult me via email for 2 free slabbed comics. 

Heck I have people curse me out on Ebay for not taking their offers when my auctions say that I don't accept offers. 

I'd send him a great big THANK YOU.  

Maybe OP had the correct scenario but the seller meant to give the refund to a different buyer? Maybe he mixed up to whom he sent the bad/overgraded etc books?

Or maybe he's trafficking stolen goods and got cold feet....didn't think of that until you mentioned the total disappearance of his listings. Someone else suggested maybe fraud; same general idea.

9 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

I love situations/people like this! It makes life interesting. I would confront absurdity with absurdity. Options I would consider.

1. Send him a message stating the books were not in the represented condition and you would like a partial refund. Then say, “JK F$&k nut!”

2. Send him a message saying that this has been the worst experience you have ever had and his communication is horrible. Then leave feedback stating the exact opposite. 

3. Send him a message inquiring about another one of his books and ask if you can get the same deal as last time.

This is genius

11 hours ago, dave32563 said:

I ordered a couple of comics from an eBay seller for $80 & $85 each. I paid for the items separately but on the same day. I received a confirmation that the items shipped along with a combined tracking#. While the comics were in transit, I received Paypal and eBay notices that I was issued a full refund for both books. This was strange as I requested no such refund. The message with the refund says " merry Xmas. dnt leave negative feed back im by you a gift. if you do i wnt be happy."   Ok, weird but let's see what arrives.....

I figured that the books were sent out by someone at the store / house that packaged them with no bag and board or something and that this was a way to head off a complaint. To my surprise, I received the books yesterday, well packaged and no damage. I then received a message that says "hope you enjoy your comics. May the force be with u." It's late at night when I open them and I figure I'll give this some thought. I'm on the Gulf Coast and in the cone for Hurricane DELTA so I have a few other things on my mind.

Early, this morning I receive another eBay message from the seller. I put in the #$ to mask the language, the rest is his verbage -  "hey f#$k nut to much to say thank you u ungrateful peice of s#$t."

What in the world am I supposed to do with this? Thank goodness I had the items shipped to my PO Box or this nutjob would have my home address. I thought I had seen or heard it all on eBay. (shrug)

I wouldn't sweat it....I would send him a message that said "my bad, thanks for the books bro, was super busy and all"

To be honest

If a guy gives me a full refund and sends me comic books that were the ones I wanted, and they were in mint condition I probably would have said "Thank you" right away, without hesitation. I appreciate kind gestures even if they are ambiguous

15 hours ago, dave32563 said:

I ordered a couple of comics from an eBay seller for $80 & $85 each. I paid for the items separately but on the same day. I received a confirmation that the items shipped along with a combined tracking#. While the comics were in transit, I received Paypal and eBay notices that I was issued a full refund for both books. This was strange as I requested no such refund. The message with the refund says " merry Xmas. dnt leave negative feed back im by you a gift. if you do i wnt be happy."   Ok, weird but let's see what arrives.....

I figured that the books were sent out by someone at the store / house that packaged them with no bag and board or something and that this was a way to head off a complaint. To my surprise, I received the books yesterday, well packaged and no damage. I then received a message that says "hope you enjoy your comics. May the force be with u." It's late at night when I open them and I figure I'll give this some thought. I'm on the Gulf Coast and in the cone for Hurricane DELTA so I have a few other things on my mind.

Early, this morning I receive another eBay message from the seller. I put in the #$ to mask the language, the rest is his verbage -  "hey f#$k nut to much to say thank you u ungrateful peice of s#$t."

What in the world am I supposed to do with this? Thank goodness I had the items shipped to my PO Box or this nutjob would have my home address. I thought I had seen or heard it all on eBay. (shrug)

While reading this I get to the part about " hey f#$k nut...." this started to become my initial reaction

e961e60a2c5d8cf0f955d9ddc5a2aa50.gif.eebd488ac852c755a717e3532da52179.gif

But after the initial and really thinking about it, would agree that it not only was the initial refund and shipping of the books nice( if not hacking, or mistaken identity) . gastsby-whatgatsby.jpg.gif.b33f326fd14c5f026367dd73cda0406d.gif

That said I also agree with the others that his communication points to some issues and while that may end up being either an entertaining conversation or insight into the terror that may be hiding behind someone with possible issues. 

Ok seriousness aside.  When I read ."  dnt leave negative feed back im by you a gift. if you do i wnt be happy."  original_44716705.gif.95eb887f4141ac9c86e980909ed4e565.gif

May I ask what you have as your ebay profile picture?