• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd eBay occurance - Never had this happen before
2 2

72 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, 1950's war comics said:

people are weird , i notice young people want to coordinate things that are complex and with important details through texts .. and i'm like we need talk about this on the phone

Agreed. And the written word is different from talking on the phone. Without cadence and inflection things can be interpreted differently thru an email or DM. Throw in a night of drinking and poor grammar and spelling and you can easily get an email from a decent & normal person that comes across like it was written by some crazy lurker stalker who may or may not have a chicken in his house.

23 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Agreed. And the written word is different from talking on the phone. Without cadence and inflection things can be interpreted differently thru an email or DM. Throw in a night of drinking and poor grammar and spelling and you can easily get an email from a decent & normal person that comes across like it was written by some crazy lurker stalker who may or may not have a chicken in his house.

Don’t forget autocorrect mishaps too.  A few poorly placed finger strikes, and your text convo about a “pending sale” suddenly takes an unexpected turn to “pen15 date”.

Edited by mattn792
Come on, no body part references?

So far reading through the consensus is:

1. that it would be polite to say Thank you.

2. Almost everyone enjoys mail.

3. That hand written personalized message means more.

So maybe hand write a thank you letter and add him to your Christmas Card mailer..

If nothing more you never really know

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Be interesting to see if the seller is a boardie

( and no it definitely is not me)

On 10/10/2020 at 8:07 AM, mr_highgrade said:

I once had a ebayer who won a mid grade Spidey #361 newsie that he claimed that he couldn't pay for it because some emergency popped up. Since I already had the book all packed up, I just decided to ship it to him for free. It fair to say that he was a happy camper and left positive FB.

:foryou: