• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice auction or fake ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

In this auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2169132312&category=32739

the guy claims to sell Don&Maggie's AF#15 (CGC 5.5). tongue.gif

This seller has less than 30 feedbacks, and it seems that all he ever puchased or sold were... T-shirts and LP's ! blush.gif

How does it sound to you guys ?

It's obvious tho that all these guys who now are selling AF 15's and are posting them, had to scrimp and save for the book that they all bought their cheap crappy 2nd hand scanners from a used stock liquidator...not one of these guys has a good pic. don't you think it would make sense that if you wanted to LEGITIMATELY rerpesent your merchandise (one of a kind, high value) that you would take every pain and precaution to do so...it's like "If you want to make money, you got to spend money..."

I don't know. I may be just jaded, but this reeks of another BS AF15 sale...Besides if it is an AF15 worth having, why sell it on eBay....other comic venues out there can guarantee higher returns for this item: Heritage, ComicLink...

this guy is also selling the original art to Thor #146....so he says!

Theres no logo stats or bluelines on the page, or outlines of the cover area on the spine, etc. And, I just compared it to the actual cover and there are differences in the drawing so Im guessing its a recreation or worse since recreations usually redraw all t egraphics as well as the art. (The tent between Ringmasters legs is ina different position on the real cover)

Buyer beware!!

If someone was going to scam on an AF 15, I highly doubt they would try to do it on a 5.0. The payout is not enough to justify it.

Anyway, I've also seen this guy bidd on some high $$$ art. I just don't see this bein a scam, just bad marketing.