• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature series creator agreement

9 posts in this topic

Newbie. Need help. 

I submitted a signed book to be graded for cgc signature series.  I also included the signature series creator agreement signed by the artist.  However the book came back qualified, stating writing on the cover.

How does the signature series creator agreement work?  any insights appreciated.

59 minutes ago, robotur said:

Newbie. Need help. 

I submitted a signed book to be graded for cgc signature series.  I also included the signature series creator agreement signed by the artist.  However the book came back qualified, stating writing on the cover.

How does the signature series creator agreement work?  any insights appreciated.

If memory serves, they need to be pre-approved. This allows CGC to do whatever vetting they deem appropriate, and they are not dealing with someone sending in a book and an agreement that they have no knowledge of.  That's where I would start - see whether they need to be pre-approved. If they do, then there is your answer.

1 hour ago, robotur said:

Newbie. Need help. 

You submitted the book, that was the issue. The creator agreement only works if the form and book come directly from the artist.

Edited by Avi

3 minutes ago, robotur said:

but how does that work, if the artist submits the book.  i have to pay for the book and how does it come to me.

Sorry...meant to say the artist has to mail the book directly to CGC. The form has your cgc account info, once the book is received at CGC they will contact you and ask you to fill out the submission form with your details including payment info. Then the book gets graded and mailed back to you.

For complete details on this procedure, I would contact CGC customer service.  They have employees who will know the specifics.  If you have already done this and actual CGC employees told you the wrong thing, you should also bring it up with them.

Of course we have some experts here and people with relevant knowledge and experience, but I can't imagine any scenario where getting an actual CGC employee to walk you through specifics would not be a better option.  At the end of the day, we are just random internet strangers to you, what if there are conflicting opinions or people who misremembered or procedures have changed?  

35 minutes ago, revat said:

For complete details on this procedure, I would contact CGC customer service.  They have employees who will know the specifics.  If you have already done this and actual CGC employees told you the wrong thing, you should also bring it up with them.

Of course we have some experts here and people with relevant knowledge and experience, but I can't imagine any scenario where getting an actual CGC employee to walk you through specifics would not be a better option.  At the end of the day, we are just random internet strangers to you, what if there are conflicting opinions or people who misremembered or procedures have changed?  

All true and good advice. I am an expert internet stranger that forgets things.

Edited by Avi

25 minutes ago, Avi said:
58 minutes ago, revat said:

All true and good advice. I am an expert internet stranger that forgets things.

we all are.