• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing Candidate?

6 posts in this topic

I think this same book has been listed on different sites over the past few months, and has yet to find a buyer.  I believe the issue is that it hasn't been listed close enough to the bargain basement price that people would probably expect considering the comic's condition.  Now it appears decent at first glance, but when you look closer at the front, or bother to look at the back, you encounter a severe? (subscription?) crease that's fairly wide and extends all the way from top to bottom, and is located right down the middle!

ASM_306_PRESS.jpg

ASM_306_PRESSback.jpg

Although, after further inspection it doesn't appear that the crease breaks colour, and on the front cover the crease sometimes isn't even noticeable under certain angles of light...

Now I'm not suggesting that this book could be cleaned/pressed and then be slabbed and graded a 9.8, however would this be the type of damage that pressing could possibly fix, or at least improve?  I mean, this book probably isn't even worth the effort to repair since great looking raw examples are readily available for dcent prices, but I thought it might be a good candidate using as practice for an amateur?

Edited by StreetPreacher

32 minutes ago, joeypost said:

This books has some classic defects built for pressing. If it were a Hulk 181 yes, this book not worth it.

So you're saying that a good pressing would be able to fix the book's major defects, but that the book isn't nearly valuable enough to invest in having it pressed since you can easily find cheaper copies in better condition than you'll probably achieve even with ideal pressing results?

However, these ARE the types of DEFECTS that pressing can 'fix'?

19 hours ago, StreetPreacher said:

So you're saying that a good pressing would be able to fix the book's major defects, but that the book isn't nearly valuable enough to invest in having it pressed since you can easily find cheaper copies in better condition than you'll probably achieve even with ideal pressing results?

However, these ARE the types of DEFECTS that pressing can 'fix'?

Yes.