• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this normal for Amazing Spiderman Annual #1?

9 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Partially detached, as the integrity of the glue has failed in many places. As a friendly reminder, I would not bend the pages that way, unless you want it completely detached.

Yeah I just wasn't sure how to get the picture without trying to show it. Well that is a shame. The book is fairly decent shape other than that and name on cover.

16 hours ago, Muuko said:

Yeah I just wasn't sure how to get the picture without trying to show it. Well that is a shame. The book is fairly decent shape other than that and name on cover.

I was going to echo others here who expressed sentiments along the lines of your returning this for a refund if that option is still available. In fact, the moment I saw the paid price, $599, I nearly spit my freshly sipped mouthful of coffee across my computer desk! My first impression was to figure it's a $250 to $300 book, tops, until I looked at the lower end of GPAnalysis. I had no idea that CGC graded copies of this book in the 2.0 to 3.0 range were routinely selling in the $500 to $650 range. In the final analysis of price vs. value, if you like the book and it's a keeper, at $599, you did actually get what you paid for, you're within the average retail range going by GP reporting of CGC 2.0 to 3.0 sales data. .