• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want _____ [OA] for the Holidays

23 posts in this topic

Feel free to be as vague and broad as you want, esp. if you want to keep it unidentifiable.  For example, if a Silvestri page, "Something by one of the Image founders."

Or be completely transparent.  Whatever floats your boat.

I can go first. I want more art by Modern Artist with Stunning Variant Cover Successes, even if he's not quite popular in the OA world... yet.  But it'll be quite difficult to find.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Literal mountains of drek. I don't check the near-daily updates out even, haven't for about four years. Total #whatever.

I won't disagree, but every once in a while, if you have a lot  of time to kill, you can find something worth buying. I confess my biases, but these were worth $250 a piece. Not world-beaters, but I particularly like the Spectre image.

GGrandanetti_PSColorDwg.thumb.jpg.a2a9ee9252c830338532f8f9c4dc4feb.jpgGGrandanetti_SpectreColor.thumb.jpg.888b07431345cc743c31ad087f87feea.jpg

I want more big, splashy late 60’s-early 90’s Marvel villains (A to D-List) artwork at prices I can safely afford.

I want some villainous interior Fighting Fantasy game book artwork (particularly from the first 21 books of the series).

I want some Garbage Pail Kids original artwork (from the original series).

I think that covers it as far as artwork goes...

12 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I won't disagree, but every once in a while, if you have a lot  of time to kill, you can find something worth buying. I confess my biases, but these were worth $250 a piece. Not world-beaters, but I particularly like the Spectre image.

GGrandanetti_PSColorDwg.thumb.jpg.a2a9ee9252c830338532f8f9c4dc4feb.jpgGGrandanetti_SpectreColor.thumb.jpg.888b07431345cc743c31ad087f87feea.jpg

I'm with you... it's almost like going through an antique or pawn shop.  Mountains of drek, but some surprises if you search hard enough (and the updates are so frequent that you can go back again and again).  

A nice thing about Anthonys is he prices very fairly much of the low- to mid-end stuff.  Glad a dealer like this exists in our hobby; seems entry level-friendly for the newcomers, as well.  

Just picked up this Bob White 60s Archie (B&V) for a little over two hundred: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1670189.