• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book recommendation, featuring lots of OA . . . The History of EC Comics

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RBerman said:

It's $200 at US Amazon. What's a good UK source?

Got mine on eBay and I live in the UK.  It's a big hefty book, so if you're in the USA, I very much doubt that UK sellers would be offering free overseas shipping hm

Thanks for highlighting this book! I can't see ever again purchasing another EC content book since this book, to my eyes, will not be surpassed.  It's a little pricey (I paid $176.59 @ Blackwell's books; free shipping, no tax, and lightning speed delivery to Virginia) but again, it will impressively be the final addition to my EC library.

I also can recommend good historical book. It's not about comics, but very close to comics. It's Crucible by Arthur Miller. The play is a fictionalized version of the trials and tells the story of a group of young Salem women who falsely accuse other villagers of witchcraft. The accusations and ensuing trials push the village into a hysteria that results in the arrest of two hundred villagers and the deaths of nineteen.

Here you will find more information about this book. https://freebooksummary.com/the-crucible-john-proctor-as-a-tragic-hero-22501

If you love literature, and read books, you will be happy with this book