• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loose plastic in slab

8 posts in this topic

Hey all - hope this is the appropriate forum for this question.

So I have a new slab with a pricey book.  But there is a loose piece of plastic that is really close to the edge of the book.  Take a look.

I need to get this reholdered asap, right?

ASM 210 Plastic in case.jpg

The comic itself should be in an inner well free or separate from the shard

That almost looks like a plastic seal from the inner well though, although I don't remember seals towards the middle of the slab  lol

Now you have me curious

Ok ya I see it

Still I assume when the book gets put into the inner well, there shouldn't be extra plastic around to get in the plastic with the book, that's regarding the urgency for reholder imo, it should be done but maybe it won't be at risk damaging the book is all?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I think it's fine although a bit unsightly.  If it bothers you, just get it re-slabbed for the peace of mind and be done with it.  That said, I don't think it's enough to be considered a defect that CGC would re-slab it for you at no cost.  

9 minutes ago, realitytrip said:

I wanted to make sure the comic would be fine and I posted this to Ask CGC, and they are offering a complimentary reholder, so kudos to them!

good to hear!! :headbang: 

I had this on an older slab, asked if CGC would reholder and they said yes (manufacturing error: Debris). It was over the cover and I was concerned that with pressure over time that it might make a dent.

spawn.thumb.jpg.292dbb7903aa9a2d4021e27db20efbd1.jpg

Edited by bobotski