• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Walking Dead - The World Beyond....
1 1

26 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Beige said:

..is hopefully the end.

Of every single person that has driven this franchise to the bottom of the barrel and now through it.

The comic rocked up to #48 and slowly declined until it was basically unreadable. And yet the reprints continue.....  $$$$$$

Walking Dead - TOS was a brilliant show, until they forgot about the Zombies and became a soap opera with worse and worse stories, acting and continuity. It's now thankfully been pulled off life-support and officially declared dead.

Which sadly was 3 years too late. At least.

Fear TWD - that started abysmally , then rose off a very,very low bar, mainly thanks to John Dory, but thankfully Hurd, Kirkman, Gimple et al were able to reduce it back to a complete turdburger in record time. What has to be the last season is opening next week to absolutely no interest from anyone.

But wait!

Kirkman, Hurd and co have now managed to scrape their way through the barrel and come up with the Woken Dead!

Yes folks TWD - The World Beyond is without doubt the worst show I have ever seen.

I watched both episodes, and doubt there will be more.

If there are - don't show them.

It's one loooong PC snoozefest of tediously predictable McGuffins one after another, seemingly written for people who follow Greta Thunwhatever's bowel movements as earth shattering events that need to be shared with the universe.

Roll up folks - we got them all!

The morbidly obese brown girl, the angst driven anorexic, the misunderstood 'developmentally delayed' person, the geek and the gay.

The mysterious big govt is bad!

Tyres burn for ever!

Won't someone think of the children!

Obese girl can't kill an 'empty' (wtf?) , but manages to vomit chocolate milk over it - who knew Choc Milk lasted 10 years?. She then managed to produce a 1kg tin of peaches from somewhere, ate the lot and got them lost. You go ethnic leader!

Moody anorexic teen also can't kill one after trying to, using:

A) a Huge bowling Ball

B) a burning teddy bear

c) A kick or 7 in the head.

But she's still moody, and has moody looks, is still anorexic , so all's well.

The nerd finds a dinosaur tooth he lost as a kid - in the street - during the fall of man - during a riot - 10 years ago - BUT THERE IT IS!   In his original backpack. With photo's. All perfectly clean and dry, 10 yrs later. He also has a digital camera, and has taken 12,759 pics in 2 episodes.

They also have Walkmans.

And Torches.

And backpacks from Hogwarts.

'Delayed Guy' has said about 30 words, but is smiling shyly from under his fringe.

Serial Killer or secret genius.

Who cares. (shrug)

He couldn't kill an 'empty' either.

The gay guy is stunningly handsome. Because all gay guys on TV are.

So 2 episodes in, and it's dreadful. The Walking Dead meets PC on steroids. The Walking Woke.

It's on Amazon, because it's pants.

If you had the misfortune to see it - you know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't - don't.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10148174/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Lastly - cos I know Kirkman and Co visit the boards - enough. The franchise is dead. And it's not walking.

Just stop and let it rot whilst some nice memories remain.

If you really, really need the money - get rid of EVERYONE involved in producing the 3 shows and start with fresh people and fresh ideas.

Because this is terrible.

0.5 / 10

Well let me educate you about Mass Media.   This has zero bearing on what you think about the show.  If it sucks... no one watches.  If no one watches, you can't sell advertising space.  No ad space, no money.  It's pretty simple really.   I'm guessing you are a middle-aged male watching a show clearly targeted to Girls Age 16 to 24.  I imagine you had the same reaction to the Twilight Series and Vampire Diaries.  Yeah I don't watch those either (my wife does and I totally tune out) because they are not marketed to me.  

Talking Dead following TWD and World Beyond had 12 advertisements in each commercial set, most 30 seconds but some 15 seconds.  The only reason there are that many ads is because, like a live sporting event, people watch.  Otherwise that valuable Sunday night 10:00pm spot would go to something more popular.  Number of Households with watchers in the most sought demographic Ages 18 to 49.   Simple.

I won't argue your critique.  What I will say is that the Market speaks.   Whether that is teenie bopper ZA shows, 8 years of a color reprints of TWD or otherwise.  People can vote with their wallets and time in front of the TV, and apparently people still like TWD.

I will add this.  FTWD absolutely sucked last season.  A villian who cannot find oil in Texas (I live here... it’s literally everywhere) and a campy lady on a horse.  I was done.

But I was curious enough about Morgan to watch S6 Ep1.  Amazing and one of the best single episodes ever on any TWD show.  A Lennie James acting master class.  Feel free to ditch Fear but this single episode is going to stand up to time.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:28 PM, BladeTX said:

I will add this.  FTWD absolutely sucked last season.  A villian who cannot find oil in Texas (I live here... it’s literally everywhere) and a campy lady on a horse.  I was done.

But I was curious enough about Morgan to watch S6 Ep1.  Amazing and one of the best single episodes ever on any TWD show.  A Lennie James acting master class.  Feel free to ditch Fear but this single episode is going to stand up to time.

Ditto Lennie James acting masterclass. I watched FTWD 6/01 last night, and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:59 AM, Beige said:

..is hopefully the end.

Of every single person that has driven this franchise to the bottom of the barrel and now through it.

The comic rocked up to #48 and slowly declined until it was basically unreadable. And yet the reprints continue.....  $$$$$$

Walking Dead - TOS was a brilliant show, until they forgot about the Zombies and became a soap opera with worse and worse stories, acting and continuity. It's now thankfully been pulled off life-support and officially declared dead.

Which sadly was 3 years too late. At least.

Fear TWD - that started abysmally , then rose off a very,very low bar, mainly thanks to John Dory, but thankfully Hurd, Kirkman, Gimple et al were able to reduce it back to a complete turdburger in record time. What has to be the last season is opening next week to absolutely no interest from anyone.

But wait!

Kirkman, Hurd and co have now managed to scrape their way through the barrel and come up with the Woken Dead!

Yes folks TWD - The World Beyond is without doubt the worst show I have ever seen.

I watched both episodes, and doubt there will be more.

If there are - don't show them.

It's one loooong PC snoozefest of tediously predictable McGuffins one after another, seemingly written for people who follow Greta Thunwhatever's bowel movements as earth shattering events that need to be shared with the universe.

Roll up folks - we got them all!

The morbidly obese brown girl, the angst driven anorexic, the misunderstood 'developmentally delayed' person, the geek and the gay.

The mysterious big govt is bad!

Tyres burn for ever!

Won't someone think of the children!

Obese girl can't kill an 'empty' (wtf?) , but manages to vomit chocolate milk over it - who knew Choc Milk lasted 10 years?. She then managed to produce a 1kg tin of peaches from somewhere, ate the lot and got them lost. You go ethnic leader!

Moody anorexic teen also can't kill one after trying to, using:

A) a Huge bowling Ball

B) a burning teddy bear

c) A kick or 7 in the head.

But she's still moody, and has moody looks, is still anorexic , so all's well.

The nerd finds a dinosaur tooth he lost as a kid - in the street - during the fall of man - during a riot - 10 years ago - BUT THERE IT IS!   In his original backpack. With photo's. All perfectly clean and dry, 10 yrs later. He also has a digital camera, and has taken 12,759 pics in 2 episodes.

They also have Walkmans.

And Torches.

And backpacks from Hogwarts.

'Delayed Guy' has said about 30 words, but is smiling shyly from under his fringe.

Serial Killer or secret genius.

Who cares. (shrug)

He couldn't kill an 'empty' either.

The gay guy is stunningly handsome. Because all gay guys on TV are.

So 2 episodes in, and it's dreadful. The Walking Dead meets PC on steroids. The Walking Woke.

It's on Amazon, because it's pants.

If you had the misfortune to see it - you know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't - don't.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10148174/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Lastly - cos I know Kirkman and Co visit the boards - enough. The franchise is dead. And it's not walking.

Just stop and let it rot whilst some nice memories remain.

If you really, really need the money - get rid of EVERYONE involved in producing the 3 shows and start with fresh people and fresh ideas.

Because this is terrible.

0.5 / 10

I enjoyed the first two episodes of TWDWB, mainly because I like all things TWD. I forgive the bumps mentioned, and choose instead to see through them. Somewhere out there, the return of Rick Grimes is promised. One or more movies are promised too. And I want to know his story since being choppered away by the "helicopter people". FTWD allowed us a glimpse of CRM, and TWDWB has started to tell us more about this organisation.

For people that don't like a TV show, the red button on their remote controller was provided just for them. 

Edited by StephenWA
typo

3 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Well you are right.  Some of the lowest ratings out there

44D2AEC1-06DD-4BF7-B3C8-F997D3DD4CC0.png

I get no pleasure from this.

I loved the Walking Dead but it just ran out of steam.

There were some great seasons in the original series, and John D and Co in FTWD S4 was very good.

This is an insult to those seasons, and the first 50 issues of the comic.

It really is tragically bad.

And such a shame.

The point where TWD jumped the shark was the season opener where Negan Lucille'd Glenn and Abraham. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they pretty much followed the comic with Glenn's death, but it turned off a lot of viewers who never came back (including my wife and daughter). I dropped it later that season around the same time I stopped reading the comics. You could tell Kirkman was tired and had run out of ideas by then on the TV show and in the comics.

Just tried to watch episode 3.

I actually turned it off .

1st episode of any series and any season. I always watched to the end.

Not this.

Totally unwatchable. Read the reviews......

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead_world_beyond/s01/reviews?type=user

Highlights included:

Finding a tin of 'Serial Killers favourite Stew' in the stationary cupboard.

Fearless leader refusing to tell the 'Rescue Party' where 'trapped Moody Anorexic Teen' was.

6 people wandering around the pit of death without .............

Ah screw it - there were no highlights.

Total garbage.

PS: Are some of the kids wearing wigs??

0/10

Edited by Beige

9 hours ago, kimik said:

The point where TWD jumped the shark was the season opener where Negan Lucille'd Glenn and Abraham. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they pretty much followed the comic with Glenn's death, but it turned off a lot of viewers who never came back (including my wife and daughter). I dropped it later that season around the same time I stopped reading the comics. You could tell Kirkman was tired and had run out of ideas by then on the TV show and in the comics.

That’s where my wife and daughters left TWD as well, after Glens death. Most of us rally for the films or series to stick to the source material but this would have been a great exception to that rule. I hung in there a little longer but I didn't have that same anticipation and it was no longer in the “must watch” category. Just fizzled out. We are planning a marathon of the first six seasons in the future though. I often wonder how things would have turned out if they kept Frank Darabont on as writer and director. Supposedly fired because he was a madman but also possibly because they couldn’t afford him. Wanted to cut costs. The guy directed Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist. They should have kept him. 

Not sure I'll ever go back to finish watching the last 2 seasons of TWD or even any of the newer spin offs.  The show began to follow the writing style from Lost, felt derivative and just became a big tease with no real substance.  I wanted to watch a show about zombies, survival WITH and AGAINST zombies, fighting off the zombie hoards, uncovering the origins of the zombie disease, searching for a cure or vaccine for the zombie transformation, or even a better rationalization and suspense of disbelief on how emaciated rotting corpses with no connective tissue and major dental abscess can bite through thick clothing let alone move at all. By the introduction of Negan, the zombies became more of a background nuisance, less of a focus, and often shoe-horned in a gratuitous zombie or zombie kill in most later episodes.  If we wanted a show about a warring tribal factions in a post apocalyptic era then the NBC show Revolutions wouldn't have been cancelled in it's 2nd season and would be well into it's 8th season this year.  Of course, it didn't help that 3-4 of the most heavily audience invested characters get killed off. 

I agree, that if the shows writing wasn't going in any major direction the audience wanted in the future, at the very least, this is one area the show should have deviated from the comics by not having the some of the major characters killed off.  I probably won't bother with any TWD movie either unless it's a complete reboot and has a deep emphasis in the Zombie origins.

Edited by justafan

Oh Dear....

https://readysteadycut.com/2020/10/24/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-season-1-episode-4-the-wrong-end-of-a-telescope-recap/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-season-one-ratings/ 

Viewing figures are in - dropped from 1.5 mil to 1.02 milM

More importantly the  18 - 49 demographics - 0.49 down to 0.28

I would have strong doubts over Season 2 going ahead.

Edited by Beige

On 10/17/2020 at 7:28 AM, Grails said:

That’s where my wife and daughters left TWD as well, after Glens death. Most of us rally for the films or series to stick to the source material but this would have been a great exception to that rule. I hung in there a little longer but I didn't have that same anticipation and it was no longer in the “must watch” category. Just fizzled out. We are planning a marathon of the first six seasons in the future though. I often wonder how things would have turned out if they kept Frank Darabont on as writer and director. Supposedly fired because he was a madman but also possibly because they couldn’t afford him. Wanted to cut costs. The guy directed Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist. They should have kept him. 

Same here. It was hard enough as it was to get the wife to watch it with me but Glens brutal death was too much. 

Also, I didn't make it through the first episode of the world beyond.