• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

board member Shoomanfoo stole my comic
7 7

535 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

I was under the impression that neither Paypal or eBay honor seller protection unless the package is signed for. I always use signature confirmation unless it's someone I know and they assume the loss if the parcel goes MIA. Maybe I should spell that out in my terms. Some people do seem to be annoyed by it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

In all the sales I've made over the years, only one other person said something about signature confirmation.  This guy went off on me for it.

1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:

Should I nominate him now or wait for his return?  What's standard?

Nominate him now, put down all the facts while they're fresh.  If there's some reason he won't be able to respond in 30 days, the mods will tell us.  Presumably, he won't be back anyway.

4 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Should I nominate him now or wait for his return?  What's standard?

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you have to be the one to nominate him.  Then there is a grace period where the other party can defend themselves and then there is a vote.  It has been a while so if these rules have changed, hopefully someone can provide more direction. 

HOS and Probation List Rules

The following Probation List Rules are in effect beginning 8/1/2011. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

b) If the transaction is agreed on by both parties to take longer than 30 days - for example, a transaction involving time payments over a longer time, the 30 day clock begins from the time the agreed upon conditions were violated.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

2) Notification on the Probation Discussion Thread

a) After the 30 Day Rule is fulfilled, the accuser will send a PM to the accused informing them the issue is being submitted to the Probation Discussion Thread for their inclusion in the PL. This should be a new PM and not part of an existing PM chain.

b) After the PM is sent the accuser may submit the accused for inclusion in the PL via the Probation Discussion Thread.

c) The accuser should outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction in dispute. Where possible include hyperlinks to board transactions and contact attempts along with dates.

d) If reasonable additional expenses are incurred the accuser may include them as part of the resolution. The validity of "reasonable additional expenses" may be subject to discussion.

e) If completing the transaction is no longer possible, the accuser may outline a proposed path to resolution.

3) Being Placed On The PL

a) After a 72-hour waiting period, if the accused does not respond they will be placed on the PL.

b) If the accused responds in the Probation Discussion Thread and it is determined the conditions of the transaction was not met, they will be added to the PL.

c) If the accused is not available during that 72-hour period and is placed on the PL, they are free to later respond in the Probation Discussion Thread and present their side.

d) If the accused has not responded in the Probation Discussion Thread but continues to post on the boards, a reply can be made informing them they are being considered for placement on the PL.

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

c) The Hall Of Shame candidate is subject to all of the above rules.

d) Inclusion in the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

e) Removal from the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

5 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Nominate him now, put down all the facts while they're fresh.  If there's some reason he won't be able to respond in 30 days, the mods will tell us.  Presumably, he won't be back anyway.

Not much for him to say, really. Kinda black and white situation. 

I had a bad experience on eBay a while back (which is why I quit selling there).  Sold an expensive book by my standards over $3k

Shipped the book promptly.  He replies when he gets the book that he thinks it was tampered with and asked if I cracked the book out of the case. 

I replied no and what made him thing the book had been tampered with

He replies "I stuck a screw driver in the seam of the case and could pry it open slightly"

I asked him to stop messing with the case and send it back and I would issue a full refund,

We went back and forth several times where he went back and forth on keeping or returning the book and I constantly said send it back for a full refund.  Eventually he quit contacting me.  I figured I was in for a serious screwing over on that one.

Edited by batman_fan

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I look at this place as the collecting elite, as the top of the best collectors and collections in the world. We cant allow this type of cancer to invade our community or we are watering down ( in a sense) our standing in our comic collectors world.

Elitist:baiting:

1 hour ago, Catwomancomics said:

Monday September the 28th book shipped and few hours later PayPal claim filed by Shoomanfoo.  4 different  PMs same day complaining about sig confirmation sent to me.

Wednesday September 30th book signed for and case changed from item not as described to DAMAGED.  I accepted the return with suspicion.

Tuesday October 6th the return package arrives back and no comic inside.  Immediately respond to the case with info but unfortunately PayPal didn't get the response.

Saturday October 10th, case closed in buyers favor.  I appealed the case and this time added info correctly.  Sent more info after @Beige suggested package weight and police report.

Sunday October 11th  called back to follow up on package weight info along with police report.  SLAM DUNK CASE CLOSED.

Wait, he filed for a paypal claim hours after you shipped it and two days before he received it?    That says it all. 

He tried to shoomanyou