• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

board member Shoomanfoo stole my comic
7 7

535 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

This is lame and I'm very sorry to the OP that this happened to them.  However, it is worth reminding that I've bought and sold from many, many board members and with only one exception, the members here have been really awesome.  The exception to this (and I won't bring it up because I just got jacked and it was partially my fault for trusting) rarely posts and I just chalked it up to an expensive lesson (trust, but verify).  Still stung, though.

I just think that anyone reading this thread should know that the vast majority of people on the boards are very fair to work with.  

I am still waiting for @Ebel 1911 to send me books from the Christmas exchange of 2016. 

On 10/11/2020 at 3:51 PM, batman_fan said:

I almost think that when you have someone return a package you should video opening it making sure to document the condition of the package before you open.

Not that it matters, but on the two or three occasions where I've sold a valuable book, I've always gone to the post office and done a single shot video with a quick look around of the item sold, then of me packing it, clearly showing the label, and then handing off the book to the post office.  The book/package never leave the cameras view until the USPS takes it and drops it in whatever bin they use.  At least that should cover me in case someone responds that I shipped the wrong item.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:42 PM, icefires said:

Hall of Shame?

OK,  but realistically Shoo should be permanently banned by CGC for this.

I agree with this.  It’s clear that his personality and character are not a good fit for this community.

The last screen shot says it all.  He doesn’t care about anyone here.

4DCA20F6-19C8-410D-B769-19C71EDC79E4.png

79FCA986-FD2D-46A7-BFA0-B27CA3737D05.png

4ED0D6A9-057E-4519-AEA5-D715B63A3B8C.png

D27B078B-B281-4CA5-A429-FA6E9942FCB8.png

On 10/11/2020 at 3:39 AM, Buzzetta said:

I want @wilbil to see this before this is scrubbed so he can see that with his own eyes.

Having shipped and received many comics over the years I know that a double boxed CGC type II slab (with comic) will weigh in at just around 2lbs. Jason shipped back a package weighing 1 lb 2.7 oz.  Something is missing in that return package.  

As soon as I saw your post I wanted to see for myself by grabbing a slab and wrapping it in a single layer of cardboard with no other materials.  That slab came in at 1lb 7oz.  In order for the comic + slab + package to be lighter, something has to be removed from the equation.  We know that cat got the broken slab back.  We know it was wrapped.  Therefore, we are left with the conclusion that the book itself was never returned.

@Shoomanfoo I am going to echo what others have said.   I think you stole the $500+ book.  Cat should never have asked for pp friends and family, but I do not believe you returned the book.  It looks more and more like you orchestrated this to steal a $500+ book.

Beige... brilliant in getting that information posted. 

What is the weight of a modern comic plus inner well?

Is it about 14oz?

On 10/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Originally PayPal ruled in his favor based on the tracking info.  I had to appeal the decision of that ruling.  The appealed case is now closed and I've got my funds for the book.  PayPal has informed me that they have filed an official press of charges towards the buyer and do not want him on their site.

On a side note, PayPal hooked me up with a web site. REPORT FILED ON THIS SITE.

IC3.JPG

I am so happy that it got resolved in your favor! (thumbsu

While eBay and PayPal have come a long way to provide 'buyer protection', they're still lagging in terms of  protecting the seller. The lack of 'seller protection' is the reason I avoid selling directly to other people. If something like this ever happened to me, I doubt that I would be able to fight my case like you did. Kudos. This is why I generally take the easy way and consign my books with an online retailer I trust. At the cost of 10% fees, I get the desired 'seller protection' in the aboslute sense. 

5 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I am so happy that it got resolved in your favor! (thumbsu

While eBay and PayPal have come a long way to provide 'buyer protection', they're still lagging in terms of  protecting the seller. The lack of 'seller protection' is the reason I avoid selling directly to other people. If something like this ever happened to me, I doubt that I would be able to fight my case like you did. Kudos. This is why I generally take the easy way and consign my books with an online retailer I trust. At the cost of 10% fees, I get the desired 'seller protection' in the aboslute sense. 

Agree that's why other storefronts like my comic shop and comic link are probably better for high-dollar items