• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

board member Shoomanfoo stole my comic
7 7

535 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

He never returned to the boards after that... 

:( 

Could he be dead??

Mental note. Never stiff Buzz in the Christmas exchange. 

Edited by wombat

On 10/11/2020 at 6:02 PM, batman_fan said:

Stories like these have made me nervous about selling on the boards.

True but I view these boards safe for the most part. And if I have questions, especially when making a bigger purchase, I will seek out references. Heck there is even a section for it. I will hedge my bets that if other collectors here who are routine chatters amongst these forums vouch for them, they are fine. 

On 10/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Originally PayPal ruled in his favor based on the tracking info.  I had to appeal the decision of that ruling.  The appealed case is now closed and I've got my funds for the book.  PayPal has informed me that they have filed an official press of charges towards the buyer and do not want him on their site.

On a side note, PayPal hooked me up with a web site. REPORT FILED ON THIS SITE.

IC3.JPG

I don't think I've ever seen a post with this many likes that didn't include some form of ridicule regarding @greggy

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Could he be dead??

No... he just disappeared. 

The book has now since popped and I would like to add it to my collection but the cost of it is more than I want to pay... 

It's on my list as it is the last one I need...

image.png.5d7369ac75ddc4ad15515879e2c5de8d.png 

13 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

This is lame and I'm very sorry to the OP that this happened to them.  However, it is worth reminding that I've bought and sold from many, many board members and with only one exception, the members here have been really awesome.  The exception to this (and I won't bring it up because I just got jacked and it was partially my fault for trusting) rarely posts and I just chalked it up to an expensive lesson (trust, but verify).  Still stung, though.

I just think that anyone reading this thread should know that the vast majority of people on the boards are very fair to work with.  

That has been my experience as well...   

4 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

When I first read this exchange, I was shocked by the buyer's reaction to the signature confirmation issue. I've used sig con many times and no one has ever complained. It's actually a good way to protect both parties during the transaction. So right away I didn't have a good feeling about that. And after seeing how the buyer reacted to direct questions, I was really getting uneasy. Not only that, but the overall attitude displayed by shoo-be-doo was out of line---another sign of trouble.

So kudos to all the board members involved for figuring out what was really going on here. This is a perfect example of what makes this community such a great place to visit...  

Does USPS still even require sigs or just drop the package off because of COVID?

I know UPS does that and I am not sure if Fedex went that route as my last Fedex still had them at least asking your last name to confirm.

The reason I ask is because I have had USPS leave sig required packages at my door without asking for a sig or the postal carrier signed for me.

Since I am retired, I am normally around especially these days.

\

2 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Yes, they still require. His wife signed for it.

i recently had to sign for a package too.

Indeed.  I received a certified letter last week, and even though I didn't have to physically sign for it, the mailman ensured he gave it to me personally and recorded my name.