• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

board member Shoomanfoo stole my comic
7 7

535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Does USPS still even require sigs or just drop the package off because of COVID?

I know UPS does that and I am not sure if Fedex went that route as my last Fedex still had them at least asking your last name to confirm.

The reason I ask is because I have had USPS leave sig required packages at my door without asking for a sig or the postal carrier signed for me.

Since I am retired, I am normally around especially these days.

\

I did have my FedEx driver tell me "that's close enough" when I went out to sign for a package a few months ago. I was at least 20 feet away at the time...

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Could he be dead??

No... he just disappeared. 

Those both mean the same thing on Long island.

Nice try, Gotti. (tsk)

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I had something come signature required. The first attempt I wasn't home and got a notice. Second attempt they guy left it and rang the bell. I think that was UPS. 

Just a public service announcement...

20201013_184231.jpg.8503a8b5446d9635f3e0c42f310e0002.jpg

The postman always rings twice...

Over here every service just drops yo package as close to the edge of the stoop as they can so anyone passing by can see it, and bolts.  No doorbell ring no nuthin.  That would be far too much work.
Matter of fact it just happened an hour ago so I rang my neighbor's doorbell.  "Post man left this"

Edited by kav

UPS is not taking signatures, they don't want to hand over the ipad and light pen to anyone.  If the package has a required signature, they're supposed to note the name of the person taking possession.  Unfortunately, UPS drivers will sometimes drop and run, and note the signature as "met receiver man," without ever meeting anyone.

USPS, UPS, and FedEx have all required my presence when a "signature is required". I haven't actually signed the devices, though. They haven't delivered unless I've been home, or gone to pick-up at the annexes. So, that's good.

None of them have been weirdos about it, though.

13 hours ago, kav said:

Over here every service just drops yo package as close to the edge of the stoop as they can so anyone passing by can see it, and bolts.  No doorbell ring no nuthin.  That would be far too much work.
Matter of fact it just happened an hour ago so I rang my neighbor's doorbell.  "Post man left this"

All Fed Ex packages can be sent to your phone or email box  right?

5 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Never ceases to amaze me how people can steal something and be OK with it.  Not even live in guilt.  Like they justify it in their mind so strongly that it appears they feel no remorse about it.  Like something is missing from them.

Not addressing this particular person or situation but yes-1 out of 25 people are sociopaths.  They feel no emotion at all except for brief bursts of anger.  Sadness and empathy are missing.  Happiness is missing but is replaced by excitement.  They can mimic emotion-to get people to like them-so they can get something from them-but thats it.  I had one friend of many years and I didnt realize he was a sociopath till one day I went to tell him my sister had died.  He said "hm" then started telling me about the chick he was with last night.  It all came crashing together-past incidents-this guy is a sociopath!  

9 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

USPS, UPS, and FedEx have all required my presence when a "signature is required". I haven't actually signed the devices, though. They haven't delivered unless I've been home, or gone to pick-up at the annexes. So, that's good.

None of them have been weirdos about it, though.

On the flip side I got a registered letter in my mailbox.  No knock on the door or opportunity to sign for it.

Edited by thehumantorch

22 hours ago, telerites said:

Does USPS still even require sigs or just drop the package off because of COVID?

I know UPS does that and I am not sure if Fedex went that route as my last Fedex still had them at least asking your last name to confirm.

The reason I ask is because I have had USPS leave sig required packages at my door without asking for a sig or the postal carrier signed for me.

Since I am retired, I am normally around especially these days.

\

USPS is leaving packages at my door without asking for signatures post COVID.