• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comic Rack from 1960's
4 4

43 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  I have been involved in buying/reading comics off/on since the 60's.  I am new to the boards but thought I'd post a question to see if anyone might have any insight/information about a Marvel comic rack I bought many years ago and still have (including box).  The box says Cadillac Corporation Elmsford, NY.  I did some internet searches but haven't come up with a lot on it.  I posted photos below.  Any ideas on the age?  ( Think its from the 60's but not sure). Any one have one like this?  Anyone have information about it?

Thanks for any information or insight you may have 

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image0Box.jpeg

39 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

Any ideas on the age?  ( Think its from the 60's but not sure). Any one have one like this?  Anyone have information about it?

The picture of Spidey is a clue to its age - that image first turned up on the May 1967 issue:

67.PNG.5ccc4134ab0cbe36309508f80d116703.PNG67b.PNG.fba35b705ec8f47f232cbe174cd5d33a.PNG

Here's a thread which might be interesting - it's Golden Age, but it shows the members who have an interest and may know more:

59 minutes ago, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

Hi, it is from 1970 and the company that produced them (and other racks of that period) was Cadillac. It's nice you have the original box. It came in black and red wiring.

IMG_6379.thumb.JPG.219b6696a387428f8ef73c0825804a5d.JPG

Where Newsstands went to die...

1 minute ago, thunsicker said:
25 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:
On 10/11/2020 at 11:43 PM, speedcake said:

I have only three :tonofbricks:

I only have 2.....am I even a real collector!?

I only have 3, but only 3 of them fit my collecting focus.

I have 4, there are 1 or 2 or 3 more that I like that I could actually afford :tonofbricks:

Eventually lol

That’s a great classic rack you have! One of the comic book racks on my list ... still searching for one to acquire for my comic room. Lately with the Covid mess running wildly, it seems that the new discovery racks aren’t  showing up in auctions or in ads.