• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Extra shipping charges
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Some of my invoices recently have been charged extra shipping charges which according to the accounting department is due to UPS charges. Has anyone else had this happen? Im just confused why this happens sometimes and not all the time?

17 minutes ago, Avi said:

Some of my invoices recently have been charged extra shipping charges which according to the accounting department is due to UPS charges. Has anyone else had this happen? Im just confused why this happens sometimes and not all the time?

@Avi this thread link should load now, it didn't a second ago, but this is the last we had "heard" of it

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

46 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Avi this thread link should load now, it didn't a second ago, but this is the last we had "heard" of it

Thanks...should have searched before posting. So this is the new normal? Random shipping costs based on what CGC gets charged after the fact. I also dont like how they attach the new charge to an different payment. :mad:

Just now, Avi said:

Thanks...should have searched before posting. So this is the new normal? Random shipping costs based on what CGC gets charged after the fact. I also dont like how they attach the new charge to an different payment. :mad:

ya unfortunately it seems that way, only 10 months after the fact was the person compensated for being charged; incidentally, you don't have to say where if you don't want, but are you located out of the U.S.A.?

It seems at random that these charges are made, and per your 1st post in this thread, there doesn't seem to be an explanation of the REASON for an additional charge...... (shrug) 

I mean, if they put it in the terms and conditions, there should be criteria! :sumo: 

other than it just happens idk :(   

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya unfortunately it seems that way, only 10 months after the fact was the person compensated for being charged; incidentally, you don't have to say where if you don't want, but are you located out of the U.S.A.?

It seems at random that these charges are made, and per your 1st post in this thread, there doesn't seem to be an explanation of the REASON for an additional charge...... (shrug) 

I mean, if they put it in the terms and conditions, there should be criteria! :sumo: 

other than it just happens idk :(   

Im in California. I just cant wrap my head around the additional cost all of a sudden. Ive sent and received books numerous times before and never had an extra charge.

This is like "taxes" on my cable bill. They keep going up and no one can tell me what they are for, they just exist and I HAVE to pay them.

Pretty crappy.

4 minutes ago, Avi said:

Im in California. I just cant wrap my head around the additional cost all of a sudden. Ive sent and received books numerous times before and never had an extra charge.

This is like "taxes" on my cable bill. They keep going up and no one can tell me what they are for, they just exist and I HAVE to pay them.

Pretty crappy.

was the amount of additional charges a lot of $$   ?

Not that it matters, I was just curious how much the nickel and diming was costing :eek: eek!

One SS book came out to $30 (grading) + $5 (handling) + $28.40 (shipping!!!!) So additional shipping was 14.40 basically double the normal shipping charge.

A lot of what I have sent in are sketch covers directly from the artist so I have to keep doing one book invoices since CGC cant hold hold books for long and combine invoices.

35 minutes ago, Avi said:

One SS book came out to $30 (grading) + $5 (handling) + $28.40 (shipping!!!!) So additional shipping was 14.40 basically double the normal shipping charge.

A lot of what I have sent in are sketch covers directly from the artist so I have to keep doing one book invoices since CGC cant hold hold books for long and combine invoices.

For what it's worth, their default shipping from USPS is $32 for one comic.

Retail cost looks to be about $19 for that shipping before any corporate discounts, so yeah, that seems high. I'd email them.

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

For what it's worth, their default shipping from USPS is $32 for one comic.

Retail cost looks to be about $19 for that shipping before any corporate discounts, so yeah, that seems high. I'd email them.

Ive emailed them twice asking for an explanation on the charges, but havent got any response. According to the accounting person, the shipping charges were more than originally estimated so the charges are passed on to me.

I wonder if UPS can look up the tracking number and let me know what the charge was.

14 hours ago, Chazgee said:

Or why don't they bill you right away for the correct amount based on your order. You know, like every place else has been doing for 20 years.

Right!? Dont they get charged when they print the label? What if UPS just said oh its going to be $100 and they ship it, now im on the hook for some ridiculous shipping charge?

Adding it on to a different invoice really makes me mad, I cant even fight it with the CC company. Is this not happening to other people? I dont know how to get someone from CGC to look into this.

3 minutes ago, Avi said:

Right!? Dont they get charged when they print the label? What if UPS just said oh its going to be $100 and they ship it, now im on the hook for some ridiculous shipping charge?

Adding it on to a different invoice really makes me mad, I cant even fight it with the CC company. Is this not happening to other people? I dont know how to get someone from CGC to look into this.

It only started happening to me this year, and the CGC response is always the same regardless of which shipper you use; "......  is charging us extra for your shipment." I also wonder why there's no explanation on the subsequent invoice, just an invoice number and a charge. Then I have to call and find out what the extra charge was for.

Seriously, if they can keep up the census & registry, why can't they have a modern billing system with exact shipping charges and itemized billing? :sumo:

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

From Page 5 of this thread:

Update for my particular problem: Harshen reached out and has informed me CGC has applied a $200 credit to my account. He explicitly said they shouldn't have been charging for old freight from 2019 and did extend an apology. I've thanked them for their prompt attention...

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

From Page 5 of this thread:

Yeah...dont know if that applies to me since the charges are for recent invoices. Might try calling customer service again...

1 minute ago, Avi said:

Yes, but past invoice as in 2-3 months ago

Still to never have it happen before, and the all of a sudden for this to become an issue for multiple people and with no explanation is silly, idk

2 minutes ago, Avi said:

Yes, but past invoice as in 2-3 months ago

I don't think that the amount of time matters. It appears as though retroactively charging you for completed invoices is not something they're authorized to do. According to that post, at least.