• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you happy with the focus of your collection?
2 2

68 posts in this topic

Overall I am pretty happy.  I mainly collect

Batman - complete run to around issue 620

Detective - gave up on a complete run but have the classic covers I like and always looking to buy more

Oddball and Keys stuff - Green Giant 1, Human Torch 1, Star Spangled 7, etc

Lou Fine - still need some more

Amazing Spiderman - fun title to collect and some of the best stories around.

And my new passion, Charles Schulz original strip art 5 and counting.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:43 AM, Monstro said:

I remember him. If I remember correctly he was putting together the Claremont run in 9.8. If he held on to them he did pretty good. It was prior to the first big Spider-Man movie and all the subsequent superhero movies including all the X-Men and related films. 

Whatever happened to him, he was a treasure trove of knowledge.  I miss him.😥

On 10/17/2020 at 8:51 AM, jason4 said:

I'm sure you like seeing your runs increase in price, even though alot of it never will or go up very little. 

I don't care what my books are worth, I buy them for the pleasure of owning and reading them.  I won't break a run to sell something that popped, so the only time the value matters is after I'm dead

On 10/18/2020 at 9:46 PM, FineCollector said:

I don't care what my books are worth, I buy them for the pleasure of owning and reading them.  I won't break a run to sell something that popped, so the only time the value matters is after I'm dead

Amen, brother.