• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM129 cover to hit ComicConnect
3 3

115 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:
54 minutes ago, Bill C said:

Looks like it may have been mold that was somewhat cleaned?

At any rate, I really never look at comicconnect and am blown away at the new website format. Definitely an improvement over the one they had forever, designed in 1995.

The Gold section consensus is that they are not fans of the new site 

Very hard to navigate.

13 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Because it's easy to make predictions with someone else's money.

Absolutely but in fairness that seed was planted by the headline 

13 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Because it's easy to make predictions with someone else's money.

Absolutely but in fairness that seed was planted by the headline 

6 hours ago, Tatterdamillion said:

If this sells for 2 Million, I really feel like that first Wolvie panel page was a helluva deal ( I actually already thought that!). I was kinda surprised that Wolverine panel didn't break 1 Million in the first place. Had I to pick between the two, I think I would go with the Wolverine, I know crazy! All moot because I am a poor slob.

Im crazy too I guess :)

16 hours ago, comicwiz said:

but the story about Archie Goodwin (AG) catching Kane in the act while he was EIC at Marvel was published, and (going by the published account of what happened) Romita was one of the artists he supposedly was caught with. 

What's the story here?

27 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

What's the story here?

Its been mentioned publicly before.  Allegations of Kane stealing.

Again, considering Kane is credited with pencils on this cover, I'm not sure that's relevant, but I don't know.

Edited by Bronty

Today I went to Hobby Lobby to get something framed for my mom's birthday (her State Fair blue ribbons in a shadow-box, thanks for asking!) and while I was there, the frame guy was making small talk. When he got to the glass, I mentioned that I was familiar with the museum glass, because that's what I use when I get my comic art framed. So then he says "Oh man, I just saw today that they're selling the art with the first appearance of the Punisher, it's going to be like $2 million!"

So, what I'm saying is that if the story has penetrated the small talk of Hobby Lobby framers, the word is definitely out there!

19 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

So, what I'm saying is that if the story has penetrated the small talk of Hobby Lobby framers, the word is definitely out there!

Yes, good story. But it almost goes without saying that Hobby Lobby Guy is not going to be one of the last two bidders with paddles still up... ;)

6 minutes ago, vodou said:

Yes, good story. But it almost goes without saying that Hobby Lobby Guy is not going to be one of the last two bidders with paddles still up... ;)

Oh, for sure. I just found it amusing that I was reading this thread this morning, then went out and a clerk started chatting about it. I don't keep up with the news but I guess this story has made a splash!

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Would you rather have this or the Tec 27 7.0 on Heritage ?  Me -  Tec 27 all day , everyday 

Pretty shocking considering your avatar!

48 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh, for sure. I just found it amusing that I was reading this thread this morning, then went out and a clerk started chatting about it. I don't keep up with the news but I guess this story has made a splash!

Part of me is tickled, another part of me dreads the flood of more speculators in OA... sports cards articles on frontpage ESPN and CNN are 99% all about the moolah, and in turn breeding more speculation.

We've already seen the frontpage exposure for comic collections sending kids to college; I guess it's inevitable.

Saving grace is that it's much harder to learn the ins and outs of this hobby vs., say, sports cards or comics, where slabbed collectibles basically become fungible goods.

Speculation tends to drive prices, and our hobby is plenty expensive enough as is.

Edited by exitmusicblue