• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another day, another ex-employee
1 1

52 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2020 at 6:25 PM, Buzzetta said:

You didn't have to go across the country for that... you could have just set up shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 

(For non NY'ers - it's hipster central)

We only go there for the BBQ and for a stay-cation at the William Vale once in a while :D

Just now, speedcake said:

There, and we've tried Delaney BBQ. We try to avoid eye contact while over there, though.

It is always smart to avoid eye contact with the locals in Williamsburg... 

Note to everyone else... EVERY day is Halloween in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 

576443_10150807681567963_1569774617_n.jpg

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It is always smart to avoid eye contact with the locals in Williamsburg... 

Note to everyone else... EVERY day is Halloween in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 

576443_10150807681567963_1569774617_n.jpg

you aint seen nuthin till you've seen the freaks parade in berkeley.  Nude dude covered with mud and sticks on stilts.  People dressed as items that I cant state as I would get a strike.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, hiring people sucks. We burned through 8 guys in six weeks trying to find a part-time fry cook, and that was at $11-$12/hour. I just ended up covering the shift for a few months until I actually felt like I wanted to do interviews again.

And the interview process...

1 out of 4 people scheduled for an interview will show up. Thankfully, I have a good crew for now - but it definitely takes 2, 3 or 20 whacks to get the right guy in there.

Maybe if you stopped whacking them, they would stay? 

:kidaround:

3 hours ago, speedcake said:
On 10/13/2020 at 5:25 PM, Buzzetta said:

You didn't have to go across the country for that... you could have just set up shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 

(For non NY'ers - it's hipster central)

We only go there for the BBQ and for a stay-cation at the William Vale once in a while :D

There are 2 3 letter abbreviations that do not go together, NYC and BBQ.  :sumo: I've lived around  Kansas City, one of my friends does KCBS BBQ tourneys (I do help out time to time). His cousin flew in from NYC to KC and I drove up and we decided to do a BBQ tour for 2 days. The cousin kept sayin that he already knew about BBQ cause he eats it all the time in NYC........after eating many pounds of slow cooked meat he admitted he was wrong. I guess he called my friend later and said he asked 2 of his NYC BBQ places for burnt ends and they asked him what he meant.

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Driven through Bisbee several times. Just kept on driving...

That's a shame as it is a quirky little town with lots of shopping and a pretty good nightlfe in normal times. It's well worth an overnight stay. No cookie cutter hotel chains in the neighborhood, but some very historic hotels. There are a dozen staircases of 50 steps or more, mostly carved into the side of the mountain. Cochise County has five mountain ranges, with great trails. 

Cochise and Geronimo had their sanctuaries in these mountains and they are virtually untouched.

May I ask where you were going that you passed by but didn't stop?

Only thing after Bisbee is Douglas and the only thing there is a Walmart. Unless you are headed to Mexico, but even there ,it's a sleepy crossing town and then the desert.

29 minutes ago, unclezebo said:

There are 2 3 letter abbreviations that do not go together, NYC and BBQ.  :sumo: I've lived around  Kansas City, one of my friends does KCBS BBQ tourneys (I do help out time to time). His cousin flew in from NYC to KC and I drove up and we decided to do a BBQ tour for 2 days. The cousin kept sayin that he already knew about BBQ cause he eats it all the time in NYC........after eating many pounds of slow cooked meat he admitted he was wrong. I guess he called my friend later and said he asked 2 of his NYC BBQ places for burnt ends and they asked him what he meant.

I'm not from NYC, I grew up in the South. I know what BBQ is, and I can find decent BBQ in NYC whenever I want, with fries topped with delicious burnt ends.  I can also find some of the best fried chicken I've ever had right here in Manhattan. I'm not saying the best of the best BBQ can be found here, but it isn't remotely as if I can't get delicious ribs if I'm craving them.

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

I'm not from NYC, I grew up in the South. I know what BBQ is, and I can find decent BBQ in NYC whenever I want, with fries topped with delicious burnt ends.  I can also find some of the best fried chicken I've ever had right here in Manhattan. I'm not saying the best of the best BBQ can be found here, but it isn't remotely as if I can't get delicious ribs if I'm craving them.

Yeah, I get the whole "best in the world" thing. But I've had pizza in NYC, cheesesteaks in Philly, BBQ in Texas, North AND South Carolina but not KC (but my wife has; she loves the burnt ends), and it was all very good, but I've had just as good in many other places, but big and small.

One thing I WILL say about NYC pizza, though - when we went over spring break a few years back to attend one of the last tapings of The Late Show WIth David Letterman, we had pizza at a number of places fancy and not so fancy, and it was all pretty great, even the 99 Cent Slice place. Can't say that about many places I've had pizza....

NYC has plenty of good BBQ and yes, I have travelled to what is considered 'good bbq'.  

Sure, there are sloppy places where smothering something in sauce is considered 'good bbq'... that's strictly amateur hour... 

But there are places to go for every food genre.