• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129 Cover Original Art to be Auctioned at CC

20 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The article mentions a rumour  that the cover art for Hulk 181 exists.  Has that ever been confirmed?

Don't quote me but I have a vague recollection that it had been destroyed in a fire.**

**the possibility that I am totally wrong is very high.  

Edited by The-Collector

11 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Don't quote me but I have a vague recollection that it had been destroyed in a fire.**

**the possibility that I am totally wrong is very high.  

I don't know about the cover, but all I have heard is that the 'art' for Hulk 181 was destroyed in the Len Wein house fire. 

I perdict a bubble pop in OA-its just expanding too rapidly in value and changing hands back and forth with a someowhat small group in many cases-

46 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Okay. This artwork is worth more than #1's of Batman and Superman? WTF?

Frazetta > Punisher projected > First apps of Batman and Supes

https://comics.ha.com/heritage-auctions-press-releases-and-news/egyptian-queen-by-artist-frank-frazetta-sets-5.4-million-world-record-at-heritage-auctions.s?releaseId=3645

29 minutes ago, kav said:

I perdict a bubble pop in OA-its just expanding too rapidly in value and changing hands back and forth with a someowhat small group in many cases-

Many of us would love a bubble pop for the sake of our disintegrated wallets.  But for better or worse, OA collectors have become legion... if you sign up to the comicartfans.com newsletter, you'll see what I mean.

1 minute ago, exitmusicblue said:

Frazetta > Punisher projected > First apps of Batman and Supes

https://comics.ha.com/heritage-auctions-press-releases-and-news/egyptian-queen-by-artist-frank-frazetta-sets-5.4-million-world-record-at-heritage-auctions.s?releaseId=3645

Many of us would love a bubble pop for the sake of our disintegrated wallets.  But for better or worse, OA collectors have become legion... if you sign up to the comicartfans.com newsletter, you'll see what I mean.

True but the high dollar stuff-I may be misinformed but Ive heard there's a small circle that buys those and pieces rotate amongst them.  This would be one way to continuously raise the values on high end OA.

Just now, kav said:

True but the high dollar stuff-I may be misinformed but Ive heard there's a small circle that buys those and pieces rotate amongst them.  This would be one way to continuously raise the values on high end OA.

That happens among dealers to an extent, but I know waaay too many ordinary collectors who splurge on grails at the risk of their marriages.

Too many like me.  :ph34r: