• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUESS Final Bid for ASM 129 First Appearance of Punisher Auction ... and win a prize!
2 2

83 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, batman_fan said:

If I am spending my own money, not imaginary money and the Punisher figure is a paste-up, I am going to go $40k. That is the most I would spend of my money.  If I am spending imaginary money, then $10 million.  Go big or go home.

If it's imaginary money then go really big....When asked "How Much?"  Just say  "ALL OF IT"... it is the only answer.

44 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Okay, I think we all need to know more about this prize at this point. 

When the time comes to choose....don't take what's behind door #3....

tumblr_inline_pj7rznpWYy1sc9wlj_1280.thumb.png.d32885060b3b2ed4fb00c705cbd397eb.png

Edited by comix4fun

5 minutes ago, Latverian Tourism Board said:

I want to hear someone yell this out at auction.

The closest I ever got was watching Russ Cochran bidding on animation art on behalf of clients....and just wouldn't lower his bidding paddle. 

14 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

The closest I ever got was watching Russ Cochran bidding on animation art on behalf of clients....and just wouldn't lower his bidding paddle. 

Heh. That’s fantastic. Let’s go blended with the two. Someone holds up their paddle high, taking a long pause for dramatic effect.

All...

The...

Money...

:CrowdGasps: :WomenSwoon:

53 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Last big HA event, I opened my browser, left the room to get my coffee, and came back to see my cat walking back and forth across the keyboard.  I was afraid he'd pulled a Russ. 

19 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Last big HA event, I opened my browser, left the room to get my coffee, and came back to see my cat walking back and forth across the keyboard.  I was afraid he'd pulled a Russ. 

What's your cat into? McFarlane? Herriman? or would that be too on the nose? 

$680,000 because it is a Spider-Man cover and iconic, but The Punisher is one of those mediocre characters who, despite a big push, publisher support, film/TV and a cool logo, is kind of a weak property not supported in comics and low potential for blockbuster success.  

$2 Million feels like insane hot air pie-in-the-sky dreams.  I can see it going between $600k to $800k and if featured on Heritage or ComicLink where more art collectors gravitate to, getting higher final hammers by deep pocket impulse investor buyers or even dealers. 

the punisher has never been a block buster despite what's been tried on tv or movies, because he's never been treated as the kiling machine he is....to me, a real good punisher movie should be a bit like the first john wick movie, but a bit more explicit....i always thought that an adaptation of the run "the slavers" would be perfect for a movie