• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showtime's DEXTER limited series (TBD)
1 1

117 posts in this topic

Sharpen your knives, “Dexter” fans. Showtime has ordered a limited series revival of the beloved serial killer drama with Michael C. Hall set to return.

The premium cabler has ordered 10 episodes, with production set to begin in 2021 for a fall debut. Former series showrunner Clyde Phillips is also set to return. Much like Dexter’s many victims, plot details for the series are being kept under wraps.

“’Dexter’ is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” said Gary Levine, co-president of entertainment for Showtime. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!”

17 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

It was great until the last episode.

Worst ending ever.

Maybe this new series will rectify that.

I agree

I also feel that it peaked with season 4. Everything after that was not as great. Still solid and entertaining but I cannot say I loved the continuation as much. The moment at the end of season 4 was such a shock and amazingly great. I remember literally jumping out of my seat. Season 5 was a good wrap up but not great. Seasons 6-8 were a slow trajectory down and then that brutal finale. 

As for a reboot, I will watch. I will keep hopes low because I felt at 8 seasons, it already went longer than it should have. And I don't really know what they could do that would shock me. Dexter's son finding his dad and they kill together? Lame. Dexter coming back to save his family in some way from a new serial killer? Predictable.

Hoping for something other than these two things in order to get me excited and enjoying it. 

Edited by comicginger1789

2 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

You did the right thing. I loved that show and the end ruined the whole thing.

The early seasons were some of the best TV I have ever seen. I really took to the whole cast and I miss them. The final season was a disaster. An absolute disaster. It almost has the Chibnall / Whittaker destruction of Doctor Who beat. Almost.

Dexter returns and TV's Top 5 has the exclusive details!
Showtime this week revived its serial killer drama Dexter for a limited series with original star Michael C. Hall and showrunner Clyde Phillips attached. In his first interview about the revival, Phillips joins the show this week for an interview about what to expect. Will Jennifer Carpenter return? Will the series return to its Miami setting? Will the revival undo the events of the maligned series finale? Will Phillips' original vision for the end of the show play a role in what to expect from the revival? Here's a teaser: "This isn't Dexter season nine. … This was an opportunity to write a second finale for the show."

:banana: