• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Your Favorite Bad Movie?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Avengers: Age of Ultron is probably the least structurally sound movie in which I thoroughly enjoy.

Despite James Spader's incredible performance, they botched Ultron's appearance in a few ways. The overall experience isn't too gratifying. It is very entertaining, though.

Superman 3. A major disappointment after the first two, but I enjoy it now. Love the Super Computer set piece, especially when Annie Ross gets entangled in the computer wires and becomes a robot. 

Amazing Spider-Man 2.  The movie was bad and it spelled the end of Garfield Spidey with disappointing box office numbers.  That said, the director managed to character-build Gwen Stacy enough over 2 films that this scene is a punch to the gut.  I remember in my movie theatre quite a few younger people (who never read ASM 121 or otherwise knew about the Gwen Stacy mythos) gasping and then sobbing.  And then the clock strikes 1:21 a.m.

ssmZQr.gif

Edited by zosocane

On 10/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, Qalyar said:

Probably not my favorite bad movie, but I just rewatched Thirteen Ghosts and enjoyed it quite a bit more than it's 16% Rotten Tomatoes score would suggest.

The original or the remake? I actually like the remake. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Despite the horrible acting and the fact it bombed at the box office, Starship Troopers is one for me. If you thought the first one was bad and you really have nothing better to do, check out the sequel. lol 

I love the original book and it was mandatory reading for any U.S. military staff officers when it comes to future ware concepts.

But after the first movie what I really love is the animated films that used the source material for their designs. Traitor Of Mars is a lot of fun, and Casper Van Dien is the voice actor for Johnny Rico.

21 minutes ago, kimik said:

I will have to check out the animated films. The live action sequel was a b-level flick with the nudity and sex scenes for bug transmission. lol

Roughnecks is the other Starship Troopers animated spin-off TV show which is also based on the source material and a good watch.

Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles