web of venom carnage born (COVER ERROR)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

1,920 posts

Alright, I think I've FINALLY figured out what you're talking about here.  Your original description was a bit confusing because you mention two separate books, but made it sound like it was all one issue.  And some of the photo layouts didn't make much sense, but my notes are in the edited post below:

On 10/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, jaxson debe said:

These two images are IGComicStore's Web of Venom: Carnage Born #1 Trade Variant.  The COA confirms as much.  (The book can be found at their web store here.)

correct book #2 0f 600 COA.jpgCOA.jpg

This is Frankie's Comics Carnage Born #1 Blank Variant (as seen from their web store).  Some blank sketch variant covers have a clear protective sheet over the blank cover to prevent unnecessary ink transfer.  That's the wrapping you see in the photo on the top left.  This actual blank cover is what we see on the top right, with the corresponding back cover wrapping around as seen in the bottom right.  The bottom left is supposed to be the actual cover.  In most circumstances, this should be the standard cover (as seen here), so I am a little confused why the publisher opted for a second blank cover.  So in essence, the first three pages/sheets on this particular blank variant should be:

1) protective sheet

2) Blank cover

3) Standard cover

The protective cover seems prevalent for store exclusives.  (I looked at my Sketch cover Variant of Silver Surfer Black #1 I got from IGComicStore which also has a protective sheet to confirm).

cover of 2nd book.jpgfirst page in Red.jpg

2nd page in Black.jpgboth books 1st page under back cover.jpg

Not sure what this is, it just looks like a photo of your carpet.

fabric page 3 in from back.jpg

Edited by ExNihilo

20,977 posts
8 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Alright, I think I've FINALLY figured out what you're talking about here.  Your original description was a bit confusing because you mention two separate books, but made it sound like it was all one issue.  And some of the photo layouts didn't make much sense, but my notes are in the edited post below:

I have no idea if you’ve answered the question because I’m still not 100% clear on what the question is, but the last picture is the waxy layer.

Sounds like the OP either A) has already figured it out and B) rightfully might have more important things on his mind, but if he hasn’t yet had his question answered (or gone to the production source for answers) I would recommend he lay out his questions like a person who is trying to make it easy for internet strangers to take time out of their day to use their knowledge and resources to help.