• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Restore - Grade

11 posts in this topic

I have a list of 300+ comics, but not sure if I should restore/grade them. I have a Werewolf by Night #32 & 33 that I was going to send in because of the interest hype, but not sure if I need to restore/grade the #33. I am new to this world and do not plan on staying once I get rid of what I have. I have checked different chats and "sold" listings on Ebay but the restore and grading has me stumped...  

There's no way anyone here can advise you unless you post some pictures. Show us the WbN 32 and 33 please. Good quality clear pics of both front and back covers. Make sure the edges aren't cropped. 

13 hours ago, AGreene110 said:

I have a list of 300+ comics, but not sure if I should restore/grade them. I have a Werewolf by Night #32 & 33 that I was going to send in because of the interest hype, but not sure if I need to restore/grade the #33. I am new to this world and do not plan on staying once I get rid of what I have. I have checked different chats and "sold" listings on Ebay but the restore and grading has me stumped...  

Skip the whole restore/grading thing unless you are willing to put in time to learn the ins and outs and figure out the costs vs gains.
There are plenty of people that would be willing to buy those books as is here on the forms over in the Market area.

29 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

I dont see any restore on any of them but then again I dont know much about restoration 

They haven't been restored. I just didn't know if I needed to do it when grading. I am thinking just pressing and grading, if I submit them.

16 minutes ago, AGreene110 said:

I am thinking just pressing and grading, if I submit them.

Personally, I don't want to be second guessing to press or not, so I always grade and press as a default.  There are many threads and videos on this, but let your goals determine what you want to do.  As mentioned prior, you may want to figure out the cost benefit and how much time/effort that you want for turnaround.