• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee's Last Days
3 3

68 posts in this topic

You think of Stan Lee and almost by default assume that he should have had no problem surrounding himself with reputable individuals to handle his day to day and look out for his best interests.  But he was human just like the rest of us, and sadly a bunch of criminals wormed their way into his circle instead.

A terrible example of humanity at its worst.  

4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Sad.   His daughter seems like a real piece of work, but one can argue that falls to parenting.  

I know what Stan would say!  It's Joanie's (his wife's) fault!  The one time in his life he refused to take credit!  :wink:

Edited by Coverless 9.8
Punctuation

I’m surprised that the article didn’t mention that JC was also at that infamous 2018 show.  And instead of whooping the dogmess out of Keya Morgan’s exploitative rear and looking out for her father, she slinked off the premises on “advice of counsel”.

I had gotten Stan Lee's Autograph 3 x

2014-  Upbeat, full of smiles, great with the people in line

2016- Upbeat, full of smiles, even exchanged a few Spanish words with the guy in front of me

2017-  Miserable, looked awful, shouldn't have been there

It's amazing seeing the difference.  After 2017 I was done, he even had a show closer to me a few months later, and I refused to go stand in line, based on what I experienced earlier that year.

Great guy, his later in life 'guardians' should be ashamed of themselves. 

That was tough to read.

Perhaps it's inevitable that a person in Stan Lee's position, famous and rich and trusting, will attract hustlers looking to take advantage of him at a point when he can't defend himself.

And as all these piranhas circle poor defenseless Stan I can't help wonder if the fans who lineup for a picture or autograph or a little piece of Stan near the end of his life are part of the problem.

6 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

And as all these piranhas circle poor defenseless Stan I can't help wonder if the fans who lineup for a picture or autograph or a little piece of Stan near the end of his life are part of the problem.

I personally refuse to believe that speculators trying to increase the resale value of their goods as part of the problem!  That said, please check out my auctions featuring witne$$ed $tan Lee signature$ from some of his final signings! :wink:

10 hours ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

He climbed higher than any of his contemporaries and he fell further.  RIP! 

I don't know about that. I mean Jack Cole blew his own head off, I know of one at least comic artist that got whacked by the mob in the 50s and so many people that worked in comics in the 40s and 50s died penniless and alcoholics and no one cares about them or knows about them today.

Very old, clearly in a vulnerable physical and mental state, enfeebled, tired, defenceless; an easy target who'd be likely to put up minimal resistance.

Known to have money, and additional, visible convention income.

Obvious profile for stimulating this kind of activity.  And, it doesn't matter whether the predator is a stranger or immediate family: personality, not relationship.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, catman76 said:

I don't know about that. I mean Jack Cole blew his own head off, I know of one at least comic artist that got whacked by the mob in the 50s and so many people that worked in comics in the 40s and 50s died penniless and alcoholics and no one cares about them or knows about them today.

His name being a household one didn't do him much good in the end.  I mean when you make it to the summit of fortune and fame you figure you've got security, not just financially.  You'd imagine you'd be spared the sort of story that fate had in store for him.  You'd be wrong.  

14 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Sad.   His daughter seems like a real piece of work, but one can argue that falls to parenting.  

As a parent, you do the best you can.  Some kids come out of the womb damaged.

This one is a piece of work.

18 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

This AARP article was linked on Mark Evanier's blog:

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/celebrities/info-2020/stan-lee-elder-abuse.html

A shame they don't still horse whip people.

thanks for linking the very interesting article to read...