• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee's Last Days
3 3

68 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, CyberSnake said:

Normally, this would be right up my alley. I don't think I could own it without feeling super scummy. It's a shame he was surrounded by so many scumbags at the end. 

Screenshot_2020-10-17-11-14-25-1~2.png

Oh my God! That makes me feel icky inside.

I have read the article a couple of times.  I am sure that during that period, friends of Stan asked him "how's it going" and he said "fine".  How were they to know it was the opposite?  I can't help but think this has to fall mostly on the daughter.  She was too busy trying to find a TV career.  She should have been a guardian of his well being, and after his passing, the guardian of his legacy.  I'm sure she could have found notoriety in that. 

My wife is a Paralegal that deals in Probate,  and elder abuse. She tells me that this happens nearly with every elderly person and their children.  It's such a shame how the children of the elderly are so thoughtless, and course.

Families that fight each other over anything and everything once the parents pass away.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:41 PM, Mercury Man said:

Sad.   His daughter seems like a real piece of work, but one can argue that falls to parenting.  

I know better, because my father's parents were amazing people. My dad and uncle turned out to be as great as they were. Their biological sister, though? An absolute shame on our family name. She's in 'scum of the Earth' territory.

Sometimes, not even one's parents can fix their stupid.

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I know better, because my father's parents were amazing people. My dad and uncle turned out to be as great as they were. Their biological sister, though? An absolute shame on our family name. She's in 'scum of the Earth' territory.

Sometimes, not even one's parents can fix their stupid.

Nature vs nurture...  Did she have mental issues though?  Born bad?  

8 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Nature vs nurture...  Did she have mental issues though?  Born bad?  

She has some sort of mental issues. Not sociopathic, not psychopathic, but something that causes her to lack any understanding of socially/personally acceptable behavior. She ruined my Sergei Fedorov jersey when I was 8-years old. She has said overtly racist things at Thanksgiving. She's condescended my stepmother in her own home. She claims that she doesn't understand why anyone and everyone in the family despises her. She hasn't been welcome at anyone's home since her mother passed. My grandmother is the only reason she was invited to holiday dinners (my dad just wanted to keep his mom happy - to see all of her kids). She alienated her brothers after their mom passed, and they are not on speaking terms. My uncle is possibly the nicest person I have ever known, and even he is now unforgiving to her.

I don't know what went wrong, but all I can say is that it certainly wasn't upbringing. I don't know if she surrounded herself with scumbags, and the company she kept poisoned her? I remember her ex-husband fondly, though, and her current boyfriend is a fairly nice guy. I think that she was simply born an a-hole with no compunction.

rantrant