• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I received an interesting message on Ebay this morning

42 posts in this topic

looks be selling timely comics some missing centrefolds with facsimile covers it could be Grandpa left overs lol but he is buying stuff can't tell on listings but seems to be all timely orientated.....  received this message just a few minutes ago seems very cordial you never know

IMG_7453.jpg

I'm dubious.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but Joe Simon didn't spend all that much time at Timely. Wasn't he fired around issue 10 of Captain America when Goodman found out he and Jack were moonlighting?  I know Joe had only only son, and I've met his Grand-daughter but I have no idea if she has a brother.

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm dubious.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but Joe Simon didn't spend all that much time at Timely. Wasn't he fired around issue 10 of Captain America when Goodman found out he and Jack were moonlighting?  I know Joe had only only son, and I've met his Grand-daughter but I have no idea if she has a brother.

Yes, Joe and Jack both left Timely after the 10th issue of Cap. 

Just now, goldenacase said:

Interesting you say that because he is selling stuff on ebay out of Flushing NY. I googled and yes its Jesse Simon with his phone number...

Yah, he’s on eBay too. He’s come out recently, publicly, that he is indeed Joe’s grandson. 

1 hour ago, goldenacase said:

I actually just got off the phone with Jesse who indeed as Ben had mentioned is Joe Simons grandson. He is 17 and was 9 when his grandfather passed everything he said was sold shortly after and he has none of his grandfathers comic book related items.He just started getting into comics a couple of years ago and really wanted to have the Science 4 because it was a Fox and is his fav Fox cover that his grandfather did. I have this feeling that based on our conversation is as he grew older he started learning more about his grandfather and now he's into comics as well. But as mentioned in our ebay messages he is broke and all he has for sale or trade is part comics with facsimile covers but had a Cap one page that he would sign for me lol  I offered the book to him $200 below what I paid with a year to pay it off but he said he's too broke and a trade would be the only way .Anyways made a dull pandemic boring Saturday much more interesting and now I'm having second thoughts on selling the book because of this story that now goes with it.

That's pretty cool!

2 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I actually just got off the phone with Jesse who indeed as Ben had mentioned is Joe Simons grandson. He is 17 and was 9 when his grandfather passed everything he said was sold shortly after and he has none of his grandfathers comic book related items.He just started getting into comics a couple of years ago and really wanted to have the Science 4 because it was a Fox and is his fav Fox cover that his grandfather did. I have this feeling that based on our conversation is as he grew older he started learning more about his grandfather and now he's into comics as well. But as mentioned in our ebay messages he is broke and all he has for sale or trade is part comics with facsimile covers but had a Cap one page that he would sign for me lol  I offered the book to him $200 below what I paid with a year to pay it off but he said he's too broke and a trade would be the only way .Anyways made a dull pandemic boring Saturday much more interesting and now I'm having second thoughts on selling the book because of this story that now goes with it.

Maybe agree in a price and tell him to call ya in 5-7 years :)