• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Comic Art framer in London
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be able to recommend an original comic art framer in London, UK? I am really hesitant to take my art to a regular framer!

Thank you so much for any leads in advance!

3 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be able to recommend an original comic art framer in London, UK? I am really hesitant to take my art to a regular framer!

Thank you so much for any leads in advance!

Have you considered doing it yourself?  I find the safest way and actually very easy to do.  

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Have you considered doing it yourself?  I find the safest way and actually very easy to do.  

Hi batman_fan,

Thanks I didn't realize it could be that easy! I will have to look it up! Funnily enough its for a Neal Adams Batman :) Thanks again!

Pure and Applied is a well regarded framing store on Bermondsey High Street - almost opposite The White Cube - that does conservation framing. I've had good work from them in the past. Not necessarily the cheapest option - although I don't recall them being all that expensive - but I guess it depends what you're framing, and what level of reassurance you require.

https://www.pureandapplied.co.uk

2 hours ago, filmboyuk said:

Pure and Applied is a well regarded framing store on Bermondsey High Street - almost opposite The White Cube - that does conservation framing. I've had good work from them in the past. Not necessarily the cheapest option - although I don't recall them being all that expensive - but I guess it depends what you're framing, and what level of reassurance you require.

https://www.pureandapplied.co.uk

Hi filmboyuk,

Thank you ever so much. I will contact them ASAP. I really appreciate it! It is a Neal Adams Piece and so I will take your advice and check them out! I need a lot of reassurance tbh!!

Hi @Ghazi,  it's always nice to find a fellow collector from the city you live in this forum. I was under the impression that a majority of people here are from the U.S.

Anyway, there's a framer I can throughly recommend. I haven't used them to frame my comic art yet but they have created many bespoke frames for my other (contemporary) art purchases. 

They're called Frame Land and are located about half way down Brick Lane. The guy is very competitive, the prices are great and I'm always pleased with his work.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tZP1zcsSa8wzCjKNmC0UjWoMLEwNzNMTjIzTkkxSk60MLcyqEgzMjM2SExMMU00SjRPNDLz4korSsxNVchJzEsBAFjgEvI&q=frame+land&oq=Frame+lan&aqs=chrome.1.0i355i457j46i175i199j0l2j69i57j0l2j46i175i199.3015j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Shin-Kaiser

9 minutes ago, Shin-Kaiser said:

Hi @Ghazi,  it's always nice to find a fellow collector from the city you live in this forum. I was under the impression that a majority of people here are from the U.S.

Anyway, there's a framer I can throughly recommend. I haven't used them to frame my comic art yet but they have created many bespoke frames for my other (contemporary) art purchases. 

They're called Frame Land and are located about half way down Brick Lane. The guy is very competitive, the prices are great and I'm always pleased with his work.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tZP1zcsSa8wzCjKNmC0UjWoMLEwNzNMTjIzTkkxSk60MLcyqEgzMjM2SExMMU00SjRPNDLz4korSsxNVchJzEsBAFjgEvI&q=frame+land&oq=Frame+lan&aqs=chrome.1.0i355i457j46i175i199j0l2j69i57j0l2j46i175i199.3015j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hi Shin-Kaiser! 

Thank you ever so much! I imagine there can't be too many of us on these boards.... we might all try to get together at the pub once this crazy pandemic is over! Take care, Best, Ghazi