• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whiz 16 cgc 7.0 recil macon copy & marvel mystery 60 f.s.
1 1

14 posts in this topic

mm 60, 4.5'ish, o/w pages.   the staple isn't rusty on the outside of the book, but some rust has migrated to the inside--see pic of c.f.  last gpa help was last year, when a 6.0 sold for $1700.   i guess this is about a $750 copy, so that's the ask.  SOLD!!

5B87102B-29DF-4C86-B474-A72DD0C5EA4C.jpeg

Edited by Straw-Man

12 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

mm 60, 4.5'ish, o/w pages.   the staple isn't rusty on the outside of the book, but some rust has migrated to the inside--see pic of c.f.  last gpa help was last year, when a 6.0 sold for $1700.   i guess this is about a $750 copy, so that's the ask.

5B87102B-29DF-4C86-B474-A72DD0C5EA4C.jpeg

:takeit:

48 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i'll take it on the thread trumps pm's, but reasonable counters will be considered.  return accepted.  s/h on me domestic, you'll pay if foreign mailout involved.  paypal fine.

recil macon books are a pretty tuff ped to land.  this is a great whiz cover that he made sure he id'd with his sig plenty.  gpa not a ton of help, but the larson copy, a 6.5, sold in '17 for $913.   so, will put a $1,250 ask on this cool, cool comic.

whiz16.jpg

This is gorgeous! I have a theory that the ones Recil signed his name to more were his favorites.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, bronze johnny said:

This is gorgeous! I have a theory that the ones Recil signed his name to more were his favorites.

I love the Recil pedigree.  See comments at bottom of this the link below from Recil's son.  He has also posted here on the forum.

https://www.goodgirlcomics.com/recil-macon-pedigree/

On 4/17/2022 at 11:25 AM, path4play said:

I love the Recil pedigree.  See comments at bottom of this the link below from Recil's son.  He has also posted here on the forum.

https://www.goodgirlcomics.com/recil-macon-pedigree/

Thanks for sharing this! The “Pedi-Master” Billy Parker got me into Recil’s books. Thank you Signor Parker!