• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Existing characters who became (way) more popular thanks to their artists

25 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Adams on GL/GA did increase sales, but there was shenanigans at play in the distribution and retail supply chain.  It has been written about several times, I just don't recall the details.  Robert Beerbhom (sp) wrote some in-depth articles about it and they were printed, at least in part, in earlier issues of Comic Book Artist or Alter Ego.  I no longer recall which publication.  Neal Adams also shared some information on the shenanigans at play and tried to explain them to Carmine Infantino, imploring him not to cancel GL/GA, but Carmine didn't understand what Neal was trying to explain to him.  At least, that's the story according to Neal.

If the increase had been significant, like with DD, I suspect Carmine would not have cancelled it. Shenanigans, of whatever type, can't bury a tidal wave.