• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

8 posts in this topic

John Romita Jr and Klaus Janson did a lot of really nice work together. Here, the Avengers and X-Men team up to take on The Blob, a few Sentinels, and even a giant, tentacled sea monster! First, Spider-Woman lays a giant punch on the Blob, sinking her fist into his blubbery gut. Then, you see Ms Marvel blast some Sentinels to bits, while the other X-Men and Avengers battle the sea monster. You even get Professor X joining the fight, and Wolverine going knuckle-deep with his claws. A fun battle page by two of the greats!

SOLD

C8CE36B8-1261-4B7C-BBB8-A6C2A3365A8C.thumb.jpeg.e630825d89e8b2c0acbb6a75e7881b46.jpeg

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board

18 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

Does anyone else see Harvey Kurtzman’s influence in that top panel?

Good call. I do see that, and Janson has been open that Kurtzman was one of his influences. From an interview by Dan Greenfield of Janson (and Frank Miller, too)

Klaus Janson: You know, the thing that I never get a chance to talk about are the people that came before me. My influences and the people that inspired me. The people that I stole stuff from in terms of art. Steve Ditko, Wally Wood, Neal Adams, Harvey Kurtzman, Will Eisner, all the greats. Alex Raymond, Burne Hogarth, Hal Foster.

Link to the interview

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board