• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PP F&F payment questions.
1 1

23 posts in this topic

I think part of the problem is that Instagram payment methods are creeping into other online transactions.
I would guess 95% of IG sales ask for F&F right in the video (live claim sales) or post. I’ve never seen anyone complain.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:33 PM, B2D327 said:

The payment methods are there for your protection. I personally have added the 3% when buying just for peace of mind. It only takes one bad transaction to fill you with regret.

I've done this in some situations- Usually art commissions when my impression is it's their main/only income, and rarely in comic book sale threads when my impression is they're simply trying to maximize their profit. Whether or not my impressions are right, IDK. So far no one has refused this option when I've used it, and it would be a HUGE red flag if they did.

Edited by MR SigS

On 10/19/2020 at 1:04 PM, MR SigS said:
On 10/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, B2D327 said:

The payment methods are there for your protection. I personally have added the 3% when buying just for peace of mind. It only takes one bad transaction to fill you with regret.

I've done this in some situations- Usually art commissions when my impression is it's their main/only income, and rarely in comic book sale threads when my impression is they're simply trying to maximize their profit. Whether or not my impressions are right, IDK. So far no one has refused this option when I've used it, and it would be a HUGE red flag if they did.

I've added the 3% as well.  

Paying F&F is just trouble waiting to happen. I get it that if it's someone you know and trust, the risk is low or maybe even nonexistant but it's still a violation of Paypal terms of service and no amount of rationalization will change that.