• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing comics with the digital code.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Im sorry if this is already a thread. I looked and didnt see one.

Im looking for some guidance and techniques for pressing modern age comics with the digital code square.

Lets be honest. The new paper marvel is using for its covers really sucks. It almost always looks waivy. I learned the hard way on my first modern comic pressing with the square and pressed a big ol square in the whole comic. I tried some other techniques with surrounding the square with backing boards but, IMO, bulked out the spine a little.

13 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

You usually have a backing board inserted behind the front and back covers, so how can the square come through?

Like I said, I learned the hard way on a venom comic that could have been really nice. The square sticker will press through a few pages if its not padded correctly. Ill probably repress it after I get the technique down. I found this video in the meantime  Comic pressing with digital code. I ordered some card stock to try that method. I have a bunch of dollar bin comics to work on first. Ill post results when I'm done.

With the proper materials, technique, and some luck, you might be able to press the square back out.

Interesting video you found.  Watching different people's approaches and methods is helpful.  Always something to learn - successful processes to copy and disasters to avoid.