• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You get to commission a battle scene for the personal collection...

31 posts in this topic

Any comic artist in history, alive or deceased.  Budget is not an issue.  What scene and by whom?

Death Dealer vs. Conan vs. Tarzan by Frazetta.

McFarlane Venom vs. Bagley Carnage.

Jim Lee X-Men Blue Team vs. Sienkiewicz New Mutants.

I'd be an extreeeeeeemely happy camper with any/all of these... 

Mine would be a massively sized jam commission. It would be Kirby/Sinnott, John Buscema/Sal Buscema, Ron Lim/Terry Austin and Tradd Moore/Himself. Is it sad that I’ve thought this through before?

The bottom of the image would be the back of the Watcher’s head, as he looks at his view screen. The view screen would be split into four images. Each scene would be similar, but still slightly different. Silver surfer and Galactus sitting at a table floating above Earth, playing a game of chance for its fate. Each artist depicts the scene and chooses the game of chance, as well as how it’s playing out. I would want the images to be split with Kirby Krackle on the view screen.

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board

I would commission Arthur Adams for a massive villains battle as they destroy a cityscape.  I would have him include (off the top of my head):

1) Vega (duh)

2) The Baroness (obviously)

3) Juggernaut

4) Omega Red

5) Blackheart

6) Shuma-Gorath

7) Spiral

8) Silver Samurai

9) A Sentinel

From SNK King of Fighters video game series:

1) Iori Yagami

2) King

3) Billy Kane

From SNK Samurai Showdown video game series:

1) Gen-An Shiranui

2) Kubikiri Basara

3) Genjuro Kibagami

1 hour ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I would commission Arthur Adams for a massive villains battle as they destroy a cityscape.  I would have him include (off the top of my head):

1) Vega (duh)

2) The Baroness (obviously)

3) Juggernaut

4) Omega Red

5) Blackheart

6) Shuma-Gorath

7) Spiral

8) Silver Samurai

9) A Sentinel

1) Iori Yagami

2) King

3) Billy Kane

1) Gen-An Shiranui

2) Kubikiri Basara

3) Genjuro Kibagami

Oh man, Ukyo was my guy in all of the Samurai Shodowns.  Once played it in an arcade in Tokyo (seriously), against my best bud who chose Haomaru... he won the first nervewracking match, I won the second, then we decided to leave it at that. lol

5 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Oh man, Ukyo was my guy in all of the Samurai Shodowns.  Once played it in an arcade in Tokyo (seriously), against my best bud who chose Haomaru... he won the first nervewracking match, I won the second, then we decided to leave it at that. lol

You were fortunate that SNK included Ukyo in all iterations of Samurai Showdown.  As a villain booster, I always pick evil characters in my games so Gen-An was my choice for the first 2 games in the series (and I dabbled in Genjuro as well for part 2).  I had to switch to Kubikiri for part 3 and learn a whole new set of moves/fighting style when Gen-An wasn’t included in that game.

Also, love your 2nd choices for commission ideas.  I considered McFarlane as my artist’s choice but opted for Art Adams as I have seen many of his commission pieces and think they are just amazing.

19 hours ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

1) Iori Yagami

2) King

3) Billy Kane

1) Gen-An Shiranui

2) Kubikiri Basara

3) Genjuro Kibagami

If you like SNK, I thought you might enjoy seeing my OA for the original Fatal Fury SNK/NeoGeo game.   See below for facebook group on this kind of material if it interests you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380

fatalfury%20no%20sig.JPG

Edited by Bronty

17 hours ago, vodou said:

I'm calling bull using The Glen Gold Rule: no pockets.

I don't know what you're referring to, but a lack of pockets can always be addressed with an abundance of pouches (shrug)