• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You get to commission a battle scene for the personal collection...

31 posts in this topic

Love the Ditko Idea ......that's perfect. 

If I had the choice of comic creators from a certain era in their careers, there are lots of great choices, my #1 choice would be:

Neal Adams circa 1972 Batman, Robin and the Batman Family

vs

Brian Bolland circa 1988 Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin

in an Anchorman style street brawl battle royale. 

xBD.gif.dfae4353f4642b20b0e73328b1666695.gif

7 hours ago, Bronty said:

If you like SNK, I thought you might enjoy seeing my OA for the original Fatal Fury SNK/NeoGeo game.   See below for facebook group on this kind of material if it interests you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380

fatalfury%20no%20sig.JPG

SNK artwork is hit or miss with me.  Some stuff I love while others I can live without.  Capcom art is usually pretty much spot on for me (occasionally it doesn’t register for me).

That Fatal Fury art you included is interesting.  Terry Bogard getting pummeled by some random guy (?) in sweats was an interesting choice.  Or is that supposed to be his brother, Andy?  It’s nice but that one is a case of a “miss” for me.

I appreciate the links though!

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel
Forgot to say thanks!

12 minutes ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

SNK artwork is hit or miss with me.  Some stuff I love while others I can live without.  Capcom art is usually pretty much spot on for me (occasionally it doesn’t register for me).

That Fatal Fury art you included is interesting.  Terry Bogard getting pummeled by some random guy (?) in sweats was an interesting choice.  Or is that supposed to be his brother, Andy?  It nice but that one is a case of a “miss” for me.

I appreciate the links though!

Sure thing.

Sounds like maybe you're into the capcom art books and that... which is cool but is way outside my interest, so maybe we just like different things.   I like the published game covers, which is what that is. 

TBH no idea who the characters are as I've never played Fatal Fury.    However, given he's on the cover I'm sure "Sweatpants" must be one of the playable characters.

48909-fatal-fury-neo-geo-front-cover.jpg

Edited by Bronty

14 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Sure thing.

Sounds like maybe you're into the capcom art books and that... which is cool but is way outside my interest, so maybe we just like different things.   I like the published game covers, which is what that is.

TBH no idea who the characters are as I've never played Fatal Fury.

48909-fatal-fury-neo-geo-front-cover.jpg

Yup, I’m mostly in art books.  Video game box art is really not my thing as the art sometimes is not very accurate to the game.  In this case, Terry Bogard is pretty good:

DCA99EFD-7DF9-4D18-9045-2CA232867146.jpeg

Andy Bogard, not so much:

760C0C84-9DCF-4C58-827B-CBBFC6CD3668.jpeg

As long as you can enjoy the art for it’s own sake, then the piece is definitely awesome.  But for me, I can see the inaccuracies and unfortunately it does taint my appreciation for the art.

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

its funny, we're sort of into the same thing, yet couldn't be less interested in each other's specific area lol 

All good.  Carry on.

Edit:   I see you edited above.   I don’t need to like ‘the art for the art’s sake.’    I couldn’t give AF.   It’s the premier cover for the franchise.   Whether you or I thinks the artists interpretation was spot on is secondary to me.    I appreciate a great image but I’d still pay a lot for the original mega man cover , bad as it is.

To pick an example from marvel it’s like me it’s like saying the ASM1 cover sucks.   Okay, maybe, but I’d still want it.

Edited by Bronty

6 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Do Adams and Byrne get along? Somehow I think they would create a black hole if the stood to close together?

My understanding is that Byrne respects Adams’ contributions to the field, but he is not a fan. Adams has a huge ego, as does Byrne, but really huge.  So, my suspicion is that if they stood close together, you would more likely get the result of a mixing of matter and anti-matter.