• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

702 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Is that the first Tank Girl appearance?  If so, congrats.  Is it Australian, British, from New Zealand, ... ?

British.
Essentially 'first' Tank Girl, but it is a one-pager / rough design.
Reportedly approximately 200 or so copies of this fanzine were created / printed / distributed whilst friends Jamie Hewlett, Alan Martin and Philip Bond were attending art school in 1987.

tank-girl-atom-tan-deadline.jpg

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

53 minutes ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Atom Tan #1
Wish CGC slabbed books this size so I could return to the Tank Girl registry with a vengeance.

Atom Tan 1.jpg

why wouldn't CGC slab that?

I mean they slab all sizes that fit in a slab, up to magazine size....

Am I missing something?

GetImage.aspx?c=3276495&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

why wouldn't CGC slab that?

I mean they slab all sizes that fit in a slab, up to magazine size....

Am I missing something?

excuse the photo / lack of size comparison
This is a 'Life Magazine' top loader, MyLite 4, and backing board with a sheet of archive paper behind the front & back covers.
Unfortunately, once received by CGC they explained that it was just outside the limitations of a magazine submission.
They did press and clean it for me though...

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I wonder how big the demand is for Treasury-sized CGC cases?  There’s a bronze-age Treasury appreciation thread that gets a lot of love.  There are a number of photos there of NM++ copies that would look super cool graded.  Could you imagine the weight of a box of them?  

they would be way to bulky and heavy , and a small fortune just to ship them safely ... so i don't see it happening 2c

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

they would be way to bulky and heavy , and a small fortune just to ship them safely ... so i don't see it happening 2c

I don't see it happening either...BUT...think of the untapped potential for registry points (and record eBay prices for treasury editions if they did).
And the byproduct? A new revenue stream for CGC.
I'm sure a cost analysis has been performed internally and currently it isn't financially viable.